Typhon Typhon speed buggy 132mph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh nortz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Here is my arrma typhon speed build. Last season i was able to hit 132mph with this car. There is video on my YouTube link at bottom.
Build: m3 motor mount, diff mount, top plate, and 8mm spool, shocks are 60wt with nero black springs, tires grp s4 treaded, geared 32/30 using a cordova 1433/2000kv on 6s graphene 6.0 65c, castle xlx esc, savox servo, evul racing mini cap pack,
futaba 4pls, carbon fiber wing and
front plate, body posts are raised in rear to accommodate the huge battery and esc. Everything fits nicely under there with little bit of body pushed out but its not horrible. https://youtu.be/o_awoIAUk3k3157331574

That's very cool @Josh nortz . ?

I'm just starting out with my own Typhon 6S trying to build it for speed runs. Thread here: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/speed-runner-typhon-6s-uk-built-fast-not-bought-fast.10482/

Going to be nowhere near the level of yours though as I'm hoping to use the standard motor/ESC combo for as long as possible. Did you start out with the standard set up and build yours up slowly or did you rip out the original stuff straight away?

Lovely paint job on your bodyshell. (y)

The first typhon i built was my basher for almost a year then went to speed build. I went slowly at first started on 4s then on to 6s when i had an idea of how driving fast and setting car up was. This is my second one and it was valls out from day one. You can use stock motor and esc for while. Should be able to get over 100 with right setup gears and battery. My talion i got to 91 mph on stock electronics. Good luck its an addiction lol.

Good luck its an addiction lol.
Thank you and it definitely is addictive fun. :D

You mentioned your shock oil and the springs, ...I can sort out my shock oil no issue but having trouble finding some firmer coil springs. Yours look nice and thick. What make are they? Is it "Nero"?
Can't find them on eBay UK or on model shop websites, any part numbers or links would be appreciated. Thanks. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back