Typhon typhon throttle set in ‘R’ out of box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikerabz

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Typhon 6s
Hi guys I have recently joined the Arrma crew and purchased the V2 infraction & V4 6s Typhon. Now with the typhon I noticed the transmitter throttle channel was set in ‘R’ right out of the box. I thought that was strange and switched it to ‘N’ just like the infraction had been set out of he box.
So I took it out on it’s first run today and when I pushed down on the throttle the typhon reversed? So I switched the throttle channel back into ‘R’ and gave it some throttle and it went forward? Is this normal procedure and will it affect the performance in any way? Car seemed pretty quick, I may have felt a little lag in the transmitter/receiver, when accelerating and occasionally reversing but i could have just been tripping. I’m not very familiar with resetting ESCs and stuff and would like to know if the R setting out of the box is normal and should I just leave it as is? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Hi guys I have recently joined the Arrma crew and purchased the V2 infraction & V4 6s Typhon. Now with the typhon I noticed the transmitter throttle channel was set in ‘R’ right out of the box. I thought that was strange and switched it to ‘N’ just like the infraction had been set out of he box.
So I took it out on it’s first run today and when I pushed down on the throttle the typhon reversed? So I switched the throttle channel back into ‘R’ and gave it some throttle and it went forward? Is this normal procedure and will it affect the performance in any way? Car seemed pretty quick, I may have felt a little lag in the transmitter/receiver, when accelerating and occasionally reversing but i could have just been tripping. I’m not very familiar with resetting ESCs and stuff and would like to know if the R setting out of the box is normal and should I just leave it as is? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

The ESC setting may need to be addressed, please see attached. Your motor's rotation may be set incorrectly (setting 5).

The stock radio is a hot pile of garbage, please replace for the sake of your rigs and sanity as soon as you can.

Two rad vehicles there though, have fun!

AcroBrwEx_ARB200020936.pdf_ADW4895.tmp.pdf - Google Chrome 10_2_2020 12_57_42 PM (2).png

Thanks for the quick response mate much appreciated! I thought this might have been the case, do you think it would be hindering its output and performance? I guess I’ll just have to give it a crack. I agree with what you say about the radio also any suggestions for an upgrade?

They are both epic machines man I’m blown away with the infraction so far, speed & handling for days. A great way to pop my Arrma Cherry!

Thanks for the quick response mate much appreciated! I thought this might have been the case, do you think it would be hindering its output and performance? I guess I’ll just have to give it a crack. I agree with what you say about the radio also any suggestions for an upgrade?

They are both epic machines man I’m blown away with the infraction so far, speed & handling for days. A great way to pop my Arrma Cherry!
Your throttle trim may be set to 50%, or throttle limiter set to something other than 100%.

The former is finely adjustable to hone in right where you want your throttle... anywhere from a crawl to moving by itself.

AcroBrwEx_ARB200020936.pdf_ADW4895.tmp.pdf - Google Chrome 10_2_2020 1_21_17 PM (2)_LI.jpg

Your throttle trim may be set to 50%, or throttle limiter set to something other than 100%.

The former is finely adjustable to hone in right where you want your throttle... anywhere from a crawl to moving by itself.

View attachment 102703
the limiter was set at 75% when I first turned it on and it reversed when throttled. that’s when I switch the channel back into R but I changed it to 100% about 8 seconds later. the TH trim was pretty much set dead centre at 12 o’clock. Throttle rate was set all the way right at max and the steering rate set a little under max.

Everything else seemed in order when unboxing except that switch set in ‘R’....I’m hoping it is what you said about the ESC setting.

the limiter was set at 75% when I first turned it on and it reversed when throttled. that’s when I switch the channel back into R but I changed it to 100% about 8 seconds later. the TH trim was pretty much set dead centre at 12 o’clock. Throttle rate was set all the way right at max and the steering rate set a little under max.

Everything else seemed in order when unboxing except that switch set in ‘R’....I’m hoping it is what you said about the ESC setting.
12 o'clock on the TH trim isn't going to give you that full response... I typically adjust it with the rig on, and turn it up until it moves on its own, then back it off slowly until it stops moving.

If it turns out that reprogramming the ESC doesn't work, I'd advise warrantying it.

12 o'clock on the TH trim isn't going to give you that full response... I typically adjust it with the rig on, and turn it up until it moves on its own, then back it off slowly until it stops moving.

If it turns out that reprogramming the ESC doesn't work, I'd advise warrantying it.
So I ended up doing factory reset with the channel switch set in ‘N’ and tweaked the TH trim like you said and it looks as tho it has fixed the issue. Throttle is now working when pushed down and the break/reverse is working when pushed up. Happy days! She bashed around good today and I ended up losing the foam inserts on both my front tyres. Awesome. Thanks for your help my man much appreciated.

I have a couple cars where I have the transmitter on r instead of n. As long as you have full throttle forward it doesn’t mater. Looks like you are zooming so mute point...Have fun!

So I ended up doing factory reset with the channel switch set in ‘N’ and tweaked the TH trim like you said and it looks as tho it has fixed the issue. Throttle is now working when pushed down and the break/reverse is working when pushed up. Happy days! She bashed around good today and I ended up losing the foam inserts on both my front tyres. Awesome. Thanks for your help my man much appreciated.
Super happy to hear that you got it working as it should! Very gratifying feeling there.

Keep on bashing and stick around!

I have a couple cars where I have the transmitter on r instead of n. As long as you have full throttle forward it doesn’t mater. Looks like you are zooming so mute point...Have fun!
My V1 Outcast was set up this way out of the box. I'm pretty sure it still is on R instead of N.

The other thing you can do is flip it to N and reverse any 2 of the motor leads. You still want to calibrate end points after you do it. My process is to calibrate the transmitter, then do the end point calibration on the ESC. Then I'm good to go.

The reason people don't like the stock radio is that it has a delay in it, especially on throttle. If you don't find that, so much the better, but many experience this. The new V3 vehicles are coming with an upgraded (better) radio. I use a DumboRC X6A and love it. Best $40 Canadian I've spent in the hobby by far. That included the receiver - but if you go that route from Banggood order a couple extra receivers. They are $12-$15 each. No need for the Gyro version for your bashers but you might want it for the Infraction for speed runs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back