Typhon tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yamil

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Regards, I recent buy a arrma typhon and I run with 14.8v battery, I change the tires for more grip, then I change the battery for 22.2v and this happen. What tires you recomend???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 101
Regards, I recent buy a arrma typhon and I run with 14.8v battery, I change the tires for more grip, then I change the battery for 22.2v and this happen. What tires you recomend???

As woodie recommends, I recommend the traxxas X-O1 for speed runs. I also have the GRP (s5,s7 compound) slicks. Ive found the traxxas to be the best overall. Im in process of building from the ground up a new 125+ mph rig based on the typhon platform; Im going to run the Sweep GT slicks, and will report my findings. They look awesome if nothing else!

IMG_0007.JPG

I run those duratrax lockups on my Senton on 6s and I just check after every run and re glue it necessary. They've lasted at least 10-15 runs so far

Agreed. I love my Lockups and bash hard on only 6s. Make sure to clean surfaces well with isopropyl alcohol 70% and let dry prior to fixing with quality tire glue. I like to wrap electrical tape around tire first and then glue tire bead, helps keep tire in position. It's not uncommon for tires to delaminate on big power, check them after hard wrecks or slide outs that catch tire edge on something suddenly. Easy fix/part of the hobby. I usually let my tires warm up a bit before I go wide open throttle. Think it helps but who knows.

I found this video but I don't know if this is helpful
I've seen that vid before. Taping works for ballooning tire problems. I haven't needed to tape my 1/8 scale buggy tires provided they have firm closed cell foam between rim and tire. Believe most come with closed cell, far less squishy/soft then open cell foam.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back