Typhon Typhon TLR centre diff leaking ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powell987

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Centre diff on my typhon seems to be leaking diff fluid ?
I have taken it apart and the seal looks fine but once i have it in the car and actually run it diff fluid seems to slightly leak ? Is this normal ? Any ideas how i stop this if its not ?

Thanks

Not normal unless maybe overfilled. Could be the o ring on the outdrive side of the diff. Replace it if needed and add the green slime stuff. Stuff works great on diff and shock o rings. Otherwise not so sure where it could leak.

Can you see where it is coming from? Is your diff gasket torn, cuts, or pieces missing on any part of it, not laying flat or well seated?

Maybe let it sit out for an hour, standing up and inspect. Then rotate it the other way and watch it again to see if it leaks before putting it back in the RC.

Centre diff on my typhon seems to be leaking diff fluid ?
I have taken it apart and the seal looks fine but once i have it in the car and actually run it diff fluid seems to slightly leak ? Is this normal ? Any ideas how i stop this if its not ?

Thanks

Not normal unless maybe overfilled. Could be the o ring on the outdrive side of the diff. Replace it if needed and add the green slime stuff. Stuff works great on diff and shock o rings. Otherwise not so sure where it could leak.
Like @GraniteFox said, I have found that if I overfill them to the point were it spills over when re-assembling them, it tends to leak when running it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back