Typhon Typhon TLR GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
Bought a Typhon TLR to make a GT build. It's nothing special but I'm loving it so far. Sadly, on the 2nd time out I already flipped it over and ruined my paint job :eek::ROFLMAO::eek: Thankfully it was only my 2nd time doing a body and I had already kind of messed up the paint job. I ordered 2 more to try again :ROFLMAO:

Mmx8s
Tp 4060 CM, 2610 kv - Gearing 22/50
Brand new GRP xm4 medium soft compound
Limitless shocks/towers
Mugen front bumper
Bitty Design Hyper GT-8 body (Seven65 body coming soon)
3drc wing mount with no wing attached :LOL:

The one mistake I feel I made so far is the servo. Normally I'd buy the zoskay 35kg from amazon, the one a lot of people around here love for the price. I decided to try something different and went with some random amazon servo that claimed it could take 8.4v. I run all my becs at 8v so I thought it would be smart to get a servo that was rated for it. Too bad In my attempt to be smart I was actually an idiot and I didn't pay attention to the speed of the servo before I bought it :ROFLMAO::eek: Lets just say it's SLOW AS POOP. I instantly noticed it as soon as I turned it on. I went to compare the specs and the zoskay is rated as twice as fast lol. Mistakes were made! returning this junk and have a new servo coming tomorrow.

Stay away from this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095WZNYSV?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I'm loving the build, feels really freaking quick and the experience is a lot different than driving my limitless or felony. I'm also loving this tp motor and temps seem pretty good so far but It was pretty damn cold outside when I tested it so I need a bit more time with it before I can fully judge.

image001.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image007.jpg

image013.jpg

image014.jpg

image015.jpg

Last edited:
Real nice rig?
YOU BETTER KNOW IT!

looks good man!!!

Real nice rig?
YOU BETTER KNOW IT!

Looks great!
Thanks guys! It was the first time I've changed so much on a rig since I've gotten into the hobby. Really happy with the outcome. Tbh I was really inspired by @joostin420 typhon gt porsche build from a few years ago. I randomly came across it on the forums and thought it was awesome. Mine is no comparison to his though. Dude is a beast
Looks great! I’ve fallen in love with the typhon gt builds lately and have started to gather parts to build my own.
You're going to love it! I was scared it would be sort of a waste since I already have 2 felony and 2 limitless but it honestly feels so different that I feel it was totally worth it. Especially since this was the first time I've used a motor with such a high kv.
That's sweet!! What side skirts are those?
https://emperformanceproducts.com/product/emp-specter-battery-trays-arrma-gt/

I was going to get the sagacustom ones but they were sold out and I have negative levels of patience. These are pretty good though and I don't regret it. Cough cough still waiting on that mojave wing mount!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::eek::cry::ROFLMAO:

Thanks guys! It was the first time I've changed so much on a rig since I've gotten into the hobby. Really happy with the outcome. Tbh I was really inspired by @joostin420 typhon gt porsche build from a few years ago. I randomly came across it on the forums and thought it was awesome. Mine is no comparison to his though. Dude is a beast

You're going to love it! I was scared it would be sort of a waste since I already have 2 felony and 2 limitless but it honestly feels so different that I feel it was totally worth it. Especially since this was the first time I've used a motor with such a high kv.

https://emperformanceproducts.com/product/emp-specter-battery-trays-arrma-gt/

I was going to get the sagacustom ones but they were sold out and I have negative levels of patience. These are pretty good though and I don't regret it. Cough cough still waiting on that mojave wing mount!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::eek::cry::ROFLMAO:
You know I even typed in emp but I put side skirts so maybe that's why it didn't show. Thank you for the link! And lol dude I'm so sorry life got busy and I forgot all about it 🙃🙃🙃. I actually sold my rig that had it on it. But I could still manage to make it if you really want it

You know I even typed in emp but I put side skirts so maybe that's why it didn't show. Thank you for the link! And lol dude I'm so sorry life got busy and I forgot all about it 🙃🙃🙃. I actually sold my rig that had it on it. But I could still manage to make it if you really want it
haha I actually really do want it if you have the time. I have the 8s outcast wing just sitting here waiting to go. :ROFLMAO:

haha I actually really do want it if you have the time. I have the 8s outcast wing just sitting here waiting to go. :ROFLMAO:
I know there is another way of doing it which was to put spacers on the screws that go horizontal into the wing mount to space out the mount holes to line up with the 8s wing. But I can do what I did for you, I'm gone for the weekend but I'll let you know

Took her out to the parking lot yesterday for some races vs the wifey. Motor temps still holding up great. I'm seriously in love with this tp 4060 cm 2610kv I'd recommend it to anyone who is doing a typhon GT build. I'm at 22/50 and I feel like I can gear up, probably helps that I'm never really going full throttle as just getting on it a little and I'm already flying at like 65 mph.

Sadly, I had 2 really bad blow overs? I think that's the term? front end lifted up and it was bad news bears. My body was already looking rough but now it's officially my "screw it" body :ROFLMAO: I tried to do some research on what I can do to stop it from happening. Seems I need to lower the front end more, I had the preload dialed all the way down to raise ride height for my poop road and when I went to the parking lot that is much smoother I forgot to lower it back down. :eek:

Took her out to the parking lot yesterday for some races vs the wifey. Motor temps still holding up great. I'm seriously in love with this tp 4060 cm 2610kv I'd recommend it to anyone who is doing a typhon GT build. I'm at 22/50 and I feel like I can gear up, probably helps that I'm never really going full throttle as just getting on it a little and I'm already flying at like 65 mph.

Sadly, I had 2 really bad blow overs? I think that's the term? front end lifted up and it was bad news bears. My body was already looking rough but now it's officially my "screw it" body :ROFLMAO: I tried to do some research on what I can do to stop it from happening. Seems I need to lower the front end more, I had the preload dialed all the way down to raise ride height for my poop road and when I went to the parking lot that is much smoother I forgot to lower it back down. :eek:

Running on 6s or what? Trying to pick a motor for my new build.

Running on 6s or what? Trying to pick a motor for my new build.
Yea 6s, haven't tried 4s yet but I bet it will rip on that too.

Got 2 new bodies ready to go!

20220421_115848.jpg

Short video for anyone interested.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back