Typhon tlr help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulcandb

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
Today I purchased a typhon tlr and put a spektrum 6s system in it with a 19t pinion and the 107 hoons all the way around and to be honest it feels a little slow off the line but I feel like it is mainly spinning the front wheels. I'm guessing this is due to the thin fluid in the center diff. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing the same thing and what weight oil is recommended to solve this problem.

I feel like it is mainly spinning the front wheels
I'm not speaking from experience, but hoons don't have a lot of grip, right?
In videos you always see them doing burnouts and drift. You never see them having sharp cornering or winning drag races.
107 hoons all the way around

Try going up to 500k in the center diff and 50k in front you should notice quite a difference. Also pinion is a bit tall and is probably causing cogging off the start. Try the heavier diff oils and drop pinion down to a 16t and you should see a good improvement for sure.

In videos you always see them doing burnouts and drift. You never see them having sharp cornering or winning drag races.
Yeah those hoons have no grib , the gold er those with most grip, but nothing compared to some GRP S1

You don't have enough weight for the big hoons. I ran into the same problem. Little hoons worked better. I haven't gotten around to even running my grp's

The tlr come stock with a lot of negative camber so ill try messing with that to get more rubber on the road. Compared to my infraction the tlr just feels like it's transferring a lot of weight to the rear end under excelleration which is causing the front end to get lite and the front wheels spinning more
Presume you have calibrated esc and receiver also and checked dual rate isn't turned down?
Yes everything is calibrated and dual rates are good
Try going up to 500k in the center diff and 50k in front you should notice quite a difference. Also pinion is a bit tall and is probably causing cogging off the start. Try the heavier diff oils and drop pinion down to a 16t and you should see a good improvement for sure.
I had a 16 in to begin with and top speed was poor but I will definitely change that diff fluid!!! Thank you!

!00% it's the tires. I also have 107 hoons on my typhon TLR and it definitely lacks grip.

Today I purchased a typhon tlr and put a spektrum 6s system in it with a 19t pinion and the 107 hoons all the way around and to be honest it feels a little slow off the line but I feel like it is mainly spinning the front wheels. I'm guessing this is due to the thin fluid in the center diff. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing the same thing and what weight oil is recommended to solve this problem.
TLRT was designed for a technical Track, Race Ready out the box for 4s only. So the diffs are tuned more for this on a confined track. Most will never run these on any track type setting. I set mine up for 4s. I feel it offers the best balance of the chassis. I will only run mine on a baseball diamond. Smallish jumps. As it was intended. I may up the center diff if anything as needed after I drive it.
Running 6s is too much for those diffs. Yet many want 6s packs in these TLRT's. Just Up the center diff to 200k as a start. It will liven up speed wise for bashing. Punch is not your issue. Diffing out is your problem. Little power to transfer to the rear axle. And this will blow out the front tires in the process.
The TLRT will diff out horribly. Losing traction.

EDIT.
The 53/107 Hoons have a slightly smaller rollout compared to the stocker TLRT Buggy wheels. Lower speed will result. Final drive gets affected. Also, the 107's don't give the best traction IMHO. I have them here also.

Last edited:
Hoons 42/100 or GRP's for On road speeds. GRP
!00% it's the tires. I also have 107 hoons on my typhon TLR and it definitely lacks grip.
+1
been there also. Horrible. Small Hoons are leaps and bounds way better.
GRP has a new wheel coming out. Wait till it is distributed. Look into them.
Many like GRP's.... a bit less $$ also.

These are also an option. Very expensive IMHO. Never tried them. Belted.

https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...ggy-tires-mounted-17mm-black-2/PRO906921.html

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back