Typhon Typhon TLR...love a good fresh build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
Sold my Typhon last year, but decided to build another one. Keeping it light weight, not for jumping, just street and dirt playing and silly stuff.

Picked up a lightly used TLR roller here few weeks ago.

Caslte MMX 2200kv, JX 35kg servo. Trying out some TA Nomad tires. They are almost exact same size as Mojave tires.

Have Kraton hubs and axles stubs. Went center aluminum diff case and 46t spur. Going to try a 20t pinion. Plan on running on 4s. Will post more pics when new body is mounted and decals added....could not deal with the pink and purple. Lol.

Will say the front steering and arms seem to have much less slop than the other 6s rigs I have.
20220511_164907.jpg
20220511_203336.jpg
20220511_213758.jpg
20220514_100949.jpg
20220514_100930.jpg

I've always preferred running them on 4s geared for 65mph..so light,fast,nimble, blast to rip.imo not much slower than 6s geared correctly.handles much better thou..perfect setup,just keep eye on x6s mine ran hot an required modified fan setup

Looks good!
Sold my Typhon last year, but decided to build another one. Keeping it light weight, not for jumping, just street and dirt playing and silly stuff.

Picked up a lightly used TLR roller here few weeks ago.

Caslte MMX 2200kv, JX 35kg servo. Trying out some TA Nomad tires. They are almost exact same size as Mojave tires.

Have Kraton hubs and axles stubs. Went center aluminum diff case and 46t spur. Going to try a 20t pinion. Plan on running on 4s. Will post more pics when new body is mounted and decals added....could not deal with the pink and purple. Lol.

Will say the front steering and arms seem to have much less slop than the other 6s rigs I have.
View attachment 217617View attachment 217618View attachment 217619View attachment 217620View attachment 217621
Been very happy 4S with 19T pinion but I am on stock spur and believe is a 50T mine is for bashing only.

Speed is good for me fast and nimble. Let us know how the first run goes...

Update...those tires sucked. Ha. WAY too soft. Would balloon so bad and made rumbling noise at 1/2 throttle. No way they could handle the power. Sidewalls would roll on hard corners as well. Oh well...was worth a try.

So...went with a tried and true awesome monster buggy tire. Love the Mojave tires on a buggy.

20220526_151707.jpg
20220526_165613.jpg

Update...those tires sucked. Ha. WAY too soft. Would balloon so bad and made rumbling noise at 1/2 throttle. No way they could handle the power. Sidewalls would roll on hard corners as well. Oh well...was worth a try.

So...went with a tried and true awesome monster buggy tire. Love the Mojave tires on a buggy.

View attachment 219862View attachment 219863
Those look fantastic on it!

Those look fantastic on it!
Thanks. I used to run a hybrid Kraton 4s/Typhon with them and loved it. Just kept killing the diffs and slipper issues, so got rid of it. Decided to build one that handles the same, just as quick...but 6s diffs so all good.

Thanks. I used to run a hybrid Kraton 4s/Typhon with them and loved it. Just kept killing the diffs and slipper issues, so got rid of it. Decided to build one that handles the same, just as quick...but 6s diffs so all good.
Yeah I remember that car. It was a beast, but a beast that needed constant attention I understand.

View attachment 219862View attachment 219863
Ohhh Mojave tires on a typhon! A man of culture I see!!! :ROFLMAO: I love those tires on my typhon and they're definitely my go to when I'm trying to jump with the typhon. Great air control.

Just noticed I never posted any good topless pics for you to see...

I have to say...the MMX 2200kv combo I think is the best 4s combo you can get. I have this thing geared at 20/46, and still runs cool. I use this same combo in all 3 3s rigs I have. So kuch torque with this motor.

20220528_074053.jpg
20220528_074009.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back