Typhon TLR Tuned Roller - HW MAX8 G2 with 4268SD G2 2500kV or 4278SD G2 2250kV on 4S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon TLR
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, because I just ordered my first Arrma RC car, the Typhon TLR Tuned Roller.
Now I would also like to order an ESC and Motor and was looking into Hobbywing MAX8 G2 ESC, but I'm unsure which motor to choose.
Should I go with the HW Ezrun 4268SD G2 2500kV or with the 100g havier and 10mm longer 4278SD G2 2250kV motor?
The car will primarily be used for bashing on tracks on a 4S battery but if it would be 6S capable, it would also see a 6S battery from time to time and for that, only the 4278SD G2 2250kV motor would come into question.
So which motor would you recommend?

Thanks!

Kind regards

Great choice of car. It’s a fun basher.

I imagine most people here will recommend the longer motor as we tend to overpower our rigs. But the TLRT is already heavy for track duty and a big motor would just make that problem worse.

I’d go with the shorter motor to match what most race buggies use. It’ll be plenty powerful for your application.

Great choice of car. It’s a fun basher.

I imagine most people here will recommend the longer motor as we tend to overpower our rigs. But the TLRT is already heavy for track duty and a big motor would just make that problem worse.

I’d go with the shorter motor to match what most race buggies use. It’ll be plenty powerful for your application.
I was also leaning more towards the shorter and lighter motor.
I imagine it would have enough power and would also be more durable.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum, man! You should do a build thread on this.

Welcome to the forum, man! You should do a build thread on this.

Thanks! Maybe I will do a build thread on this, but first I need to get all the necessary parts and this could take a few months :)

And, It's also winter here, so I'm not in a hurry :)

Good morrow, 2023 and welcome to the Arrma Forum! Goin' big or goin' home with the TLR buggy I see, nice!

You mentioned bashing and on track bashing, so are you looking for speed or just low end power? Either one will throw that buggy around, but the 2500kv will be a touch faster on 4s. The longer can 2250kv will have a little more torque (or, at least it should), so if outright top end isn't a concern, that's the one I'd go with, especially if it fits on the chassis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back