Typhon typhon tlr tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobo

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
which one to buy typhon 6s v5 or typhon tlr tuned for bashing only

Standard 6s Typhon handles great, and has more adjustment and is tougher than most 1/8 ebug RTRs. TLR Tune if you already have spare electronics laying around.

Isnt this TLR tuned basically an EXB version by another name? It has the 7075 chassis, shock towers and chassis braces etc. Do ya’ll see a technical/suspension downside of this TLR version???

My thought is Arrma (Horizon) is adding the TLR name for racing street cred. to
Tip toe in to the track market. Disagree?

My next purchase would be a Typhon 6s and make it a Rally styled street basher with some ability to do light off road. My Limitless is too limited to smooth pavement and no ground clearance. This TLR seems like it would be nicely upgraded from the start.

Isnt this TLR tuned basically an EXB version by another name? It has the 7075 chassis, shock towers and chassis braces etc. Do ya’ll see a technical/suspension downside of this TLR version???

My next purchase would be a Typhon 6s and make it a Rally styled street basher with some ability to do light off road. My Limitless is too limited to smooth pavement and no ground clearance. This TLR seems like it would be nicely upgraded from the start.

I think my main worry on the TLR is the hingepin holders, I think everything else is basically an EXB version. Though the lightened chassis made of who knows what 7075 could potentially bend easier, but the Typhon generally doesn't bend the chassis since its so light. That being said, I think the hingepin holders are the same as the Durango ones and those held up well. Only time will tell.

TLRT is Race Ready, track grade, not basher grade. I am sure many will do it anyway.
V5 RTR is a basher.
TLRT would be ok if you set it up the proper way. 4S/Sensored. Technical driving. Most will never see a track. All that TLRT bling is grabbing attention. It's not set up to be a basher. Can be used as speed runner.(y)

yeah thats what I thought think it will be a good car

7075 still bends. If sending it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back