Typhon Typhon TLR vs 6s V5 for bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dajman73

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
After some advice please before I add my next Rc to my collection.
I want to get a Typhon but I am torn between the TLR or the rtr 6s v5. I have a Mojave exb which was great to select electronics I wanted and I enjoyed the build.
I am a basher on grass, woods and occasional tarmac. I like to jump both ramps and natural challenging terrain. I am not a racer as no tracks near me.
Which would be the best model for my needs and are there any upgrades I should consider from the start (bash bar, servo mounts, etc)??
Thanks in advance for help 👍

I own them both and for bashing I go v5. I think the chassis on the TLR is Is weak for bashing the pill thing that adjust ur roll center is going break the screw holes for the rear chamber link on the shock tower are going to break. The tires on the TLR are junk. But that's just me. But u can build the TLR to be a basher. And the electronics that come in the v5 is more then enough power for bashing. I got with v5 and just get m2ç chassis braces 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Either or would work - if you want to bring your own electronics, the TLRT is a nice starting platform. In addition to the 7075 bits it also comes with the EXB extra hard servo saver spring, EXB shock standoffs, ball bearings in the steering tubes instead of bushings, etc.

Pills can be made to work with bashers - a Tekno MT410 has a pill setup and has much longer arms and bigger wheels/tires - just need to see how tough the Arrma plastic is. But even if it fails it isn’t hard to swap over to an RTR hinge pin setup.

Pills can be made to work with bashers - a Tekno MT410 has a pill setup and has much longer arms and bigger wheels/tires - just need to see how tough the Arrma plastic is. But even if it fails it isn’t hard to swap over to an RTR hinge pin sesetup.
As far as bashing/durability goes, is that the only weak spot, compared to the v5? The Hinge pin setup bc of the pills?

As far as bashing/durability goes, is that the only weak spot, compared to the v5? The Hinge pin setup bc of the pills?

I do not know how to answer this question on parts for durability. Owned a TLR since released for bashing only I have not broken anything. I am more like the OP in the first post on how and where I bash it. I am not sending it to the moon and if it gets some air it's flying over hills on a golf course.

I do run it at 4S power only with a big 21T pinion, Max8 and 2050kv motor.

Depends on your style of bash in my case I'm not destroying it when bashing (y)

I do not know how to answer this question on parts for durability. Owned a TLR since released for bashing only I have not broken anything. I am more like the OP in the first post on how and where I bash it. I am not sending it to the moon and if it gets some air it's flying over hills on a golf course.

I do run it at 4S power only with a big 21T pinion, Max8 and 2050kv motor.

Depends on your style of bash in my case I'm not destroying it when bashing (y)
Honestly, I wanted the v5. I had $400 to spend and I have electronics already. I assumed that the TLR would be more durable. Then I read about the hinge pin issue that might not be an issue?

..And of course, after I recieved and opened the box, there's a sale for the v5 on HH website. 🤬😡

Honestly, I wanted the v5. I had $400 to spend and I have electronics already. I assumed that the TLR would be more durable. Then I read about the hinge pin issue that might not be an issue?

..And of course, after I recieved and opened the box, there's a sale for the v5 on HH website. 🤬😡
Wow...that happened to me before as well :LOL:

Last edited:
Interesting, I always just assumed the TLR would be a better basher as well. Seemed like worthy upgrades over the V5.

Interesting, I always just assumed the TLR would be a better basher as well. Seemed like worthy upgrades over the V5.
This is not the answer to the OP question. My best Bud has a v5, and I have the TLR. County land on his property we bash on. His v5 is broken more than mine, which I have not done so far on the TLR.

I will add he bashes like a fool... I am a fool with control and judgment, so we bash hard but differently.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back