Typhon Typhon to Kratonish MT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
One of my best off road spots for bashing my Typhon has become unreliable. My other spots are decent, but small for something so balistic fast. More ground clearance would give me at least 3-4 new good spots to bash off road, so I want to give that a shot.

What I have in mind is a Kratonish MT style rig. Looking for a size somewhere between the Talion & Kraton. I already have the Kraton hexes/hubs/axles, so thats less parts to buy. I want to run the Proline 3.8 LP Trenchers which are 5.6" od & 2.96 width and the Backflip LP's ( 6.1" od & 3" width) as my go to tires vs. the stock Kraton tires that are 6.8" od & 3" width. I'd like the Kraton length with just a little less width, so I'm thinking of the following:

- Kraton/Talion chassis (M2C or JBI unless there's a cheaper option thats good, lol)
- Mojave or Talion towers/shocks, could run my Typhon rear shocks up front and just need 2 new rear shocks
- Mojave arms, camber/toe links, front/rear driveshafts, front center driveshaft, front center brace
- Already have the Kraton hexes/hubs/axles

I also have been kicking around the idea of an XL Typhon or a similar setup to the Fireteam without the FT body. The Losi 3XL or HPI Savage XL 79 F150 body would fit the Mojave/Fireteam length chassis. Would be like the above build but with the Mojave/Fireteam chassis.

Just wondering if I'm going this far should I just go all the way and get the Kraton arms/driveshafts/etc? I'm want it to sit a bit higher than the Typhon without being as tall as the stock Kraton. Was thinking the Mojave arm width with Kraton hex/hub/axle would be a better choice for retaining a little sharper turning if I'll be running the LP versions of the Trenchers and Backflips. Any input or comment is appreciated. 😎

Last edited:
If you are going to run large diameter tires i'd go for the widest arms or you'll run into body clearance issues with the mojave arms. I put a c10 body on a truggified typhon running mojave arms and even the mojave tires rubbed when i turned the wheel. Talion towers will keep the body low but if you needed a little more flexibility as far as where the body mount posts were you could use the mojave towers. I have a mojave chassis running talion towers and the hpi savage flux xl body. It's the longest body i could find for that wheelbase and it's still a tad short. I hate when the body isn't the right length! :ROFLMAO:
The k4 bodied truck is a swb chassis on mojave arms and towers with the 4s outcast tires. This body was skinny enough and tire diameter small enough to clear the body. The other one is the mojave chassis build.

k4exb.jpg

k4exb2.jpg

stretched talion 1.jpg

stretched talion 2.jpg

If you are going to run large diameter tires i'd go for the widest arms or you'll run into body clearance issues with the mojave arms. I put a c10 body on a truggified typhon running mojave arms and even the mojave tires rubbed when i turned the wheel. Talion towers will keep the body low but if you needed a little more flexibility as far as where the body mount posts were you could use the mojave towers. I have a mojave chassis running talion towers and the hpi savage flux xl body. It's the longest body i could find for that wheelbase and it's still a tad short. I hate when the body isn't the right length! :ROFLMAO:
The k4 bodied truck is a swb chassis on mojave arms and towers with the 4s outcast tires. This body was skinny enough and tire diameter small enough to clear the body. The other one is the mojave chassis build.

View attachment 257314

View attachment 257315

View attachment 257316

View attachment 257317
Do you have a picture of the kraton one from the side?
I was thinking about trying to fit one on my typhon, but I was scared the cutouts for the tires wouldn't line up properly..

Also what tower to tower brace is that?

Do you have a picture of the kraton one from the side?
I was thinking about trying to fit one on my typhon, but I was scared the cutouts for the tires wouldn't line up properly..

Also what tower to tower brace is that?
It’s the basherqueen brace for the typhon/outcast

D9FB33A1-66D2-4871-AA62-AECAFF29B775.jpeg

EB68FD91-7D94-4EDD-A3AE-E08CFE3E8D1B.jpeg

Good to know

Good info, how do you like the handling with the Mojave chassis and Talion towers? Looks like a beast!

Good to know

Good info, how do you like the handling with the Mojave chassis and Talion towers? Looks like a beast!
It handles pretty well! I put fireteam shocks on it, they are a little stiffer

I have a "Typhon" with Talion/Kraton arms on a Talion chassis with Talion hubs/hexes Kraton towers and I was using Typhon TLR shocks with stiffer springs, but I just changed them to fireteam shocks just to experiment. Also running the regular backflip tires and I wouldn't change them for anything.

Kept the typhon body as the original idea was for a bigger typhon lol. I had left the t2t brace off but I kept bending front drive shafts so I've just added it back but that requires a little more trimming on the front of the body, just a few snips for clearance issues with the arms iirc.

Haven't tested it yet with the FT shocks but with the TLR shocks it was my favorite 1/8 basher for jumps etc. I've been debating also adding Kraton hubs/hexes but tbh I really like the way it is now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back