Typhon Typhon to limitless conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
  2. Typhon TLR
I currently have a typhon 6s and am having a blast with it. I really want a limitless to see how fast I can go and I know I am not a fan of stock parts. For example I want a carbon fiber chassis. I was wondering if the parts are close enough to the same that I could get a fiber limitless chassis and the proper drive shafts and move my typhon parts over and have a running vehicle? Then later upgrade to the proper suspension allowing me to rebuild the typhon and have a limitless too? Without actually buying a limitless. I know I would need a second set of electronics.

I'm not familiar with how the typhon compares to the limitless. However, you could convert your Typhon to a 'Typhon GT' and get some pretty good speed out of it. I understand you want to build a limitless with the left over parts in the feature and this would not work for that

The Typhon shocks are far too soft and long for speed. Using the Limitless front and rear on a long Typhon chassis would make more sense. Not sure which Typhon center dogbones fit but that should not be a problem to find out.

What would be the difference between a long typhon chassis and a limitless chassis?

The Typhon shocks are far too soft and long for speed. Using the Limitless front and rear on a long Typhon chassis would make more sense. Not sure which Typhon center dogbones fit but that should not be a problem to find out

20221030_233216.jpg

This is my Typhon Chassis, upper and lower suspension arms with Limitless Shock Towers and Shocks. (and Infraction front splitter)

View attachment 269109

This is my Typhon Chassis, upper and lower suspension arms with Limitless Shock Towers and Shocks. (and Infraction front splitter)
Nice. I was kind of thinking about trying the limitless rear springs on my shocks (if they will fit.) I am thinking I cam adjust them to a low ride height and have much better spring action than I can get with the long springs.
I also need to add some front shock limiters. I use soap dispenser tubing in my drag car will probably make some for the front of the typhon to keep it from bottoming out.

Finally I need to do something about front downforce. Definatley thinking of adding the limitless front wing to my car. What would it take to do that?

20230111_213504.jpg

I think you're going to have a tough time fitting the limitless springs on the typhon shocks, they're almost 2x the size, plus the typhon shock towers are much taller. For like $75 you can get the front, rears and both shock towers from Jenny's (when they're back in stock)

View attachment 269126
I think you're going to have a tough time fitting the limitless springs on the typhon shocks, they're almost 2x the size, plus the typhon shock towers are much taller. For like $75 you can get the front, rears and both shock towers from Jenny's (when they're back in stock)
Yeah I'm looking at those parts now. Is the carbon fiber stuff any good for these cars?

Yeah I'm looking at those parts now. Is the carbon fiber stuff any good for these cars?
I assume so, haven't dabbled with carbon, but would be suspicious of it outside of a strictly on-road use

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back