Typhon typhon to outcast conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobedi_BOB

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 3s
so i got a typhon 3s about 2 months ago and it jumped really well but it wasnt that fun to drive. today i thought of turning it into an outcast 4s and is just asking what parts are necessary for the conversion and what parts can stay. (correct me if im wrong but i haven't seen a post about this or kraton conversion)

Outcast is short wheel base.. less work and less cost to convert to a 4s kraton since you already have the long wheel base...👍

Body
Body mounts
A arms
Turnbuckles
Hubs all around
Wheels/ tires
4s esc
Steel slipper assembly
Axles

List is lengthy, and spendy..

Maybe just truggify the Typhon with larger wheels and tires like the mx 28's.. might be right where you want to be as for fun level..👍

Outcast is short wheel base.. less work and less cost to convert to a 4s kraton since you already have the long wheel base...👍

Body
Body mounts
A arms
Turnbuckles
Hubs all around
Wheels/ tires
4s esc
Steel slipper assembly
Axles

List is lengthy, and spendy..

Maybe just truggify the Typhon with larger wheels and tires like the mx 28's.. might be right where you want to be as for fun level..👍
I was going to suggest this as well.
You can make a "budget" K4S.
Granite stub axles.
Hot Racing 17mm +10mm hubs.
2.8 Badlands MX28.
Kraton 4s body.
Kraton 4s body mounts.

If you don't want to change to Granite stub axles you can always get these Redcat 17mm hexes https://www.ebay.com/itm/232912179454 you will need 4 of these and the pin holes need to be drilled out to accept the Arrma pins, the pins that come with them are too small. These will add 11mm to each side vs the 10mm of the Hot Racing hexes.

Ynbqi7n.jpg
8zIMeFM.jpg
lgGKaBZ.jpg
hRH9lbO.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
You need to widen it to keep the tires from rubbing on the body.

-edit- Actually I think all of those pics above are with the Typhon hexes on instead of the Hot Racing.
This is with the Hot Racing hubs.
View attachment 161358

You can check out my build thread https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/slicks-arrma-kraphon-3s.14911/
ill probably do something like that since i already have trencher 2.8 hp tires

edit: after some research i found out the list is of different parts really really lengthy so im very certainly going to do something similar to slick but maybe with the swb chassis

www.modelsport.co.uk_basket.png

Last edited:
ill probably do something like that since i already have trencher 2.8 hp tires

edit: after some research i found out the list is of different parts really really lengthy so im very certainly going to do something similar to slick but maybe with the swb chassis

View attachment 161451

That will be fun, plus bodies will be much easier to source.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back