Typhon Typhon top speed is slow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
  2. Typhon TLR
Im pretty new to this and looking for help. I have a 6s typhon that has been upgraded with I think all the TLR parts. It also has the Hot Racing Diff carrier, housing and ring and pinion front and rear and center. The ring and pinion are the same ratio as stock just helical gears instead.

After bashing it a few months and slowly upgrading it to its current build I put the big gear in hoping to see the advertised 80mph but 64 is the best I was able to do.

How much road done need to reach 80? I was running it a few hundred feet before it got to me and a few hundred feet past me. As it goes by it sounds like it is already done accelerating. And it was a little bit down hill. Should this be enough room? Or do I have issues with my car?

I think it only advertises 70+.. what are u calculating it with!?

Exactly 70 is what is advertised.. seems 64, is already there .👍..

It did what it claimed to do.. used tires and all..

What batteries are you running? 64 ain’t bad for a stock car honestly.
Sypom 6000mAh 120c
Did you by any chance run street tires?
Their smaller diameter will reduce the top speed.
Yeah it had trouble hitting 50 with them. 55 was my top speed today with factory tires.

67 was with Jetco King Cobras but they came apart after 3 passes.
Exactly 70 is what is advertised.. seems 64, is already there .👍..

It did what it claimed to do.. used tires and all..
Yeah not sure how I got 80 in my head as it's advertised speed. My goal is 100mph by summer.

Last edited:
Sypom 6000mAh 120c

Yeah it had trouble hitting 50 with them. 55 was my top speed today with factory tires.

67 was with Jetco King Cobras but they came apart after 3 passes.

Yeah not sure how I got 80 in my head as it's advertised speed. My goal is 100mph by summer.
After a pass you should check the glue beads around the rims, just to mitigate minimize those inherent risks. Probably should also balance them after a couple of passes, letting the foams settle out of the factory. If you've already done these things then there's not much else that you can do w/ off-road tires. Ive gotten 70 w/ the stock Katars on my typhon, so I'd say you're right on. I recommend grps for better performance, speedwise

I just started doing that after the Jetkos blew up but thanks for the advice. The street tires I have are the grt slicks. Going to do a center spool to reduce some weight there and change gears. I also have a few shafts that aren't perfect so going to replace them.
What's a good recommendation for geats to maximize the stock electronics? Gonna do them later but want to see what I can make it do with the stock stuff first.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back