Typhon Transmitter Issue - Help Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToniG

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi everyone!

I have the Arrma Typhon and have owned it for over a year. For a few months I haven't been using it and only just began taking it out again. The batteries that were in the transmitter leaked slightly during the period of inactivity and have since been replaced. I took it out a couple of weeks ago and the transmitter would not turn on at all. I thought it was maybe a connection issue as one of the spring contacts was not centred in the middle of the battery contact. After a bit of fiddling around the transmitter came on and stayed on.

Today I took the car out again and the transmitter worked fine at first. I then turned it off for a while whilst walking over from the skate park to a grass field to use the car there for a bit instead. When I tried turning it on, it wouldn't turn on again. After ten minutes of fiddling around I gave up.

As can be understood this issue is incredibly frustrating.

Any help/insight/tips on what the problem is and/or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Toni. :)

Wow, no replies since FEB?

The first thing I would do is spray some electronics cleaner into the battery box to disolveand cleand the contacts as throroughly as possible.

Make sure that you wear safety glasses, it can splash. Ensure that you hold the transmitter to the side so the cleaner flow out instead of soaking into the controller.

This is what I use:

615sexJNW8L._SL1499_.jpg

Wow, no replies since FEB?

The first thing I would do is spray some electronics cleaner into the battery box to disolveand cleand the contacts as throroughly as possible.

Make sure that you wear safety glasses, it can splash. Ensure that you hold the transmitter to the side so the cleaner flow out instead of soaking into the controller.

This is what I use:

615sexJNW8L._SL1499_.jpg

I'll be honest, I totally forgot about this thread - and my RC for that matter. I'll be sure to give this a go. Thanks!

+1 for Slaxis suggestion...
Rubbing with emery cloth is another way to clean contacts if you have any on hand.

Old thread.. :) But I'll add -
I have issues with that little battery tray on a LOT of different radios across the years. Often, a bit of cleaning, filing, and other "jerry-rigs" can fix it for a while, but it will fail again, and probably at a bad time for you, ruining a bashing day down the road. My advice - plan on replacing that little battery tray. Maybe even take this opportunity to get a RX lipo pack.

Thanks for the tips Voltron7 and Jerry-rigged! I'm definitely going to try a few cleaning methods and if that fails I'll replace the tray as suggested by Jerry. What sort of search criteria would I be entering to find a replacement tray for a transmitter? Silly question I know but sometimes Google throws up totally opposite things to what you're looking for!

Cheers!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back