Typhon Typhon v3 1/5 On-Road

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkp1903

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Decided to make a few changes to my Typhon and see what it could do on road. Installed a 20t pinion along with some 1/5 wheel adapters. Threw a set of 1/5 GRP S1 compound wheels/tires on and tossed 6s worth of batteries in it. Out on the road, this thing screams!!
IMG_2057.JPG
IMG_2055.JPG
IMG_2056.JPG

Looks good! Did you happen to get a MPH out of it? I'm curious as there is a 22T pinion sitting in a bin waiting to go on my Typhon.

Well, if you've not changed out your stock pinion, get ready for a frustrating time. Not sure what they use, but it seems I've had an easier time getting red loctite off! I ended up dremeling the stock pinion off. In terms of MPH, I only ran it down my street. I didn't get an exact MPH on it, but based off experience I was at around 65 mph at 3/4 throttle and had to brake because of distance.

With stock tires or other off roads, ballooning is the primary limitation. With these belted GRP's they stick like syrup to the ground and don't balloon. I will see if I can get a mph reading.

I have an 18T on it right now. I totally agree with trying to get the stock pinion off. That was not fun. Your MPH is nice at 3/4 throttle. Very respectable! Going to have to look into those GRP tires as well. Have duratrax Banditos on mine, and well..... need more glue let’s just say.

I've had a set of duratrax six packs on it recently. They work with 4s but 6s is just too much for them.

I have another set of 1/5 GRP's that are not as soft and plan on giving those a spin. The S1 compound is ridiculously sticky, almost too sticky. Ultimately though, the issue with this Typhon and pushing the speed is the slop/play in the front end.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back