Typhon Typhon v3 going crazy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niz55

Very Active Member
Reaction score
I just received my new car. I am running 6S 6500 100C battery brand new fully charged. I drove the car little on the parking lot and it was great and very fast. Next day I turned on the car and the only thing that is working is the steering. Throttle is not doing anything at all. The ESC is blinking red constantly.
I turned the car back off and back on and suddenly the car went full throttle and right on top of me. Ate through my leg and and my fingers. I stopped it and turned it off. My leg and fingers are badly hurt and we're bleeding really bad.

To be honest I am little scared to turn this thing on. What could be the problem?

Did you go thru the set up for the radio and ESC ? Is the throttle trim on the transmitter turned too far ? Do you turn the transmitter on first, then the car ?

I do turn the transmitter on before turning on the car and my trims are perfectly adjusted.

I also tried turning off the transmitter while the car was on and again the car went full throttle with the transmitter off.

I read the manual and set the ESC back to factory settings and for some reason it doesn't work. The red light constantly flashing on the ESC.

My steering work but that's about it.

I called Amazon an They told me to discard the one I have and they are sending me a new one free of charge.

I think something is wrong with the settings on the ESC.

I do turn the transmitter on before turning on the car and my trims are perfectly adjusted.

I also tried turning off the transmitter while the car was on and again the car went full throttle with the transmitter off.

I read the manual and set the ESC back to factory settings and for some reason it doesn't work. The red light constantly flashing on the ESC.

My steering work but that's about it.

Never, ever do that. Ever. Sounds to me like the fail safe is set improperly.

Yes I understand. But at first when it was running good as soon as I turned off the transmitter the ESC would turn solid red and the steering wheel would turn.

Yes I understand. But at first when it was running good as soon as I turned off the transmitter the ESC would turn solid red and the steering wheel would turn.

That's because of the way the fail safe was set. Just never ever turn off the transmitter with the truck on. And don't turn the truck on before the transmitter. There are instructions in how to set the fail safe. I would put the truck on a stand and try setting it.

I'll second that! Transmitter on before and after switching car on and off. Never turn on these beasts without transmitter on! As you already figured out, they can hurt you... And other people.

Fixed the problem. I just did the calibration on the transmitter and reset everything back to stock.

Running great now. This thing is stupid fast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back