Typhon Typhon V3 is available now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
hey all...

not sure if this is an appropriate thread. if not mods please delete and have mercy on my soul.

I have been looking for a V3 Typhon and Kraton and they are on backorder everywhere. I found a great little place in NJ that has the V3 typhon in stock and its only $410 with free delivery. That a pretty good deal. If anyone wants to know just PM me. I figure this might help someone out who didn't want to wait on the Hobbico mess, or whatever is causing these delays.

hey all...

not sure if this is an appropriate thread. if not mods please delete and have mercy on my soul.

I have been looking for a V3 Typhon and Kraton and they are on backorder everywhere. I found a great little place in NJ that has the V3 typhon in stock and its only $410 with free delivery. That a pretty good deal. If anyone wants to know just PM me. I figure this might help someone out who didn't want to wait on the Hobbico mess, or whatever is causing these delays.
Were

hey all...

Do you know what the difference in the 2017 V2 and the 2018 V3 typhon.
Any and all info greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Do you know what the difference in the 2017 V2 and the 2018 V3 typhon.
Any and all info greatly appreciated thanks in advance
From the look of it the colour of the shell is the biggest difference lol. I think they added a bit more plastic onto the suspension and fiddled with the battery tray but it really wasnt the bada$$ upgrade I was hoping for and not worth changing to from the V2. fingers crossed the v4 is the one we have been looking for with better bearings, screws, crud deflection and just generally more metal parts!

The 1/8 Arrma's don't need better screws - they are already good ones. If you are stripping screws, you need better tools / fresh tips. And quit trying to break the thread lock without heat. - that is another quick way to strip your screws (and tools)
Better bearings would add $50 to the kit price.
More metal? like what part? Maybe the chassis braces, but I don't know what else they could get away with without just transferring the break to a different part..
Crud deflection - great idea. Rear arm mud guards would be a nice touch, and not add $2 to the kit price. I really like the molded in mud guards on my Mega 4x4 - Notice the outer u-joint is actually clean!

20180405_210555.jpg

Attachments

• 20180405_210442.jpg
    20180405_210442.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 54
Not stripping screws bud, but some of mine as well as other parts are rusting away, I’m sure some alu or stainless would be better suited? I don’t mind paying premium for premium either, so all metal mounts, wheel arms and steering components would be better as well as the bearing upgrade. I don’t know about yours but after taking the motor out just twice the metal screws going into that plastic have lost their bite and won’t fully tighten which is not good.

Is that stock on the mega? That’s a good idea!

Yeah, those are moulded in to the wheel axle carrier, neat design.

I hear you on rust. However, I have had kits with aluminum screws, and they strip if you look at them funny (regardless of tool quality). I have also swapped in some SS hardware on my Arrma's (bought a SS screw kit), and while they don't rust, I don't like using them on motor mounts and other high torque applications - again, they strip if I not using my MIP's.

Screws into plastic, yeah that gets irritating... done that a few times, but it is not the screws fault. I just forget to reset my built in torque meter after the screws into the aluminum motor mount before hitting those screws into plastic.

From the look of it the colour of the shell is the biggest difference lol. I think they added a bit more plastic onto the suspension and fiddled with the battery tray but it really wasnt the bada$$ upgrade I was hoping for and not worth changing to from the V2. fingers crossed the v4 is the one we have been looking for with better bearings, screws, crud deflection and just generally more metal parts!
Btw. The body is completely different if you put them side by side. The v3 is more aerodynamic and also quite a few upgrades. For those you can just ask mr Google. LOVE my v3. Maybe not worth getting rid of the v2 to get it but there are several differences. Anybody looking for a great buggy will not be dissapointed. Also... more metal more weight.

Btw. The body is completely different if you put them side by side. The v3 is more aerodynamic and also quite a few upgrades. For those you can just ask mr Google. LOVE my v3. Maybe not worth getting rid of the v2 to get it but there are several differences. Anybody looking for a great buggy will not be dissapointed. Also... more metal more weight.
Thanks for the info

I know, I have the v3 body on my v2 lol, I took the best upgrade :) However without even bashing in that dress she's already started to wear through the paint in a few locations.. so they obviously haven't upgraded it enough to be self damage resistant, again a bit dumb

Yeah. Maybe they took the phrase "rubbin is racing" a little to literally. I actually glued really thin aluminum at the major rub points. Works great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back