Typhon Typhon V3 or Kraton V3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have a Kraton on order. Everyone knows the drill here, back-ordered until Late Apr or worse. However, in the time I have been given I find myself drawn to the Typhon. I love the monster truck but i also love a buggy. The Typhon looks to be a monster...:)

Im then between the two. besides personal taste, is there any reason to choose one over the other? better parts availability or less to fix/upgrade?

does the V3 typhon have throttle trim on the controller? i want my 7 year old to join in but at 10MPH!

I just got a Vkar Vb4 and it has the throttle trim right there, so easy to adjust on the fly. I never have owned an Arrma before.

All the Arrma's except the voltage use the same controller. It has throttle trim, but that is for setting neutral, not slowing the truck down. To slow the truck down, you need either End Point Adjustment (EPA) or Throttle Duel Rate (DR). The Tactic does have a EPA adjustment, but it involves Turning the radio off and on, it does not seem quick or easy, but I have not tried it.

You can get a radio like my TS4G / RC4GS for about $50 that has fairly easy DR and EPA, and model memory and other features (that you probably won't use)..

Hobby king is out of stock, it seems -
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/trackst...integrated-update-version.html?___store=en_us

Banggood has them -
https://www.banggood.com/RadioLink-...-p-1169456.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

But for a 7 year old, get them a Voltage. Or an ECX AMP.

I went with the Typhon. The buggy is super fun. I thought at first I would be limited to terrain but found that I crushes most anything except big rocks and really long grass. I have several other vehicles, but when it comes to one I would always grab. It's the Typhon. 6s makes me pee a little when going full bore! I think any of these toys have a purpose so have fun no matter what.

BASH ON!

I have a v3 typhon and a v3 kraton and like Jerry rigged said they really r both great. I find the typhon to b a little quicker on the track on 4s then the kraton. At the same time though the kraton handles great to on the track my lap times r just a little slower. Could b that I just got the kraton not much running women to it yet or still getting the feel for the rig. But bashing I find the kraton to b more fun the typhon is a good basher in its own rights but the kraton and the outcast r the real bashers. And please don't say well what about the Nero and the fazon sorry hate them both. Had them and got rid of them just as quick.

On the track, I think i am probably faster on average with the Kraton. Truggies in general are just so smooth and can put power down so easy and controllable, and they don't get out of shape on the rough stuff - it is almost boring. My buggy, it is nutz, like a squirrel on red bull... LOL I have to give it 100% attention. But when you are in a groove, and hitting your marks right, it is a joy!

But then, I am not the best track driver either. LOL

i see a lot of people referencing tracks. i have looked all over and there are NONE to speak of in the Raleigh area. I am limited to parking lots and yards. hopefully i can find some sweet spots but there are no tracks in my future. i am new to this so i got a 4s and 6s and i am leaning towards getting both the typhon and kraton. however i got the typhon v3 on ebay and its on its way. the kraton is back ordered until late april...or so they say, but who really knows with all that going on.

I went with the Typhon. The buggy is super fun. I thought at first I would be limited to terrain but found that I crushes most anything except big rocks and really long grass. I have several other vehicles, but when it comes to one I would always grab. It's the Typhon. 6s makes me pee a little when going full bore! I think any of these toys have a purpose so have fun no matter what.

BASH ON!
Toiletpimp. ha ha. I hope you are not "FACING UPHILL", when using 6S?

i see a lot of people referencing tracks. i have looked all over and there are NONE to speak of in the Raleigh area. I am limited to parking lots and yards. hopefully i can find some sweet spots but there are no tracks in my future. i am new to this so i got a 4s and 6s and i am leaning towards getting both the typhon and kraton. however i got the typhon v3 on ebay and its on its way. the kraton is back ordered until late april...or so they say, but who really knows with all that going on.
Even if there are no RC tracks nearby, look for any good dirt areas, fields, motocross or bmx tracks and even construction zones can be perfect for bashing. I'm always looking around for good bashings spots everytime I'm driving around...The Typhon & Kraton are quite different. You could also look at the new V3 Talion, which is kind of a mix between the Kraton and Typhon?

I' always watching to here is my nexp lace I'm making my bash video at I just have to find a access road in. I dnt kno why but I feel like my lap times r quicker with the typhon maybe it' cause I have better control In the air helping to point into the corners while still in the air. My friend who is a pro tekno driver he calls it something else but I can' remember wut. I' not a track guy myself it' fun from time to time but I need dirt, huge jumps and enough space to really air it out.
20180227_150755.jpg
20180227_150755.jpg

Now I have noticed on loose pack dirt myh kraton on stock tires is amazing in the handling department. But I'm putting a tekno 17t on it today and finally can give her full throttle on my new batteries 2 6400mah 3s 75c had to get a bigger Velcro strap to hold them down but c and c how they do

Cant really speak for the kraton (personally as i own a typhon) but if your gonna be running in parking lots/yards the typhon imo will be a better option. Stock tires do fine for the typical 6" under grass. Plus 1/8 buggy street tires are cheap on ebay and you wont lose too much speed compared to the kratons massive bashers. Theirs a few kratons at my track and i typically am faster, though they arent prone to traction rolling like the typhon is. Driver etiquette is important. I "strongly advise starting off with 4s and maybe change to your 16t pinion when you progress in your learning. 6s is mayhem, you will pee yourself as said above, and breakage will come to you faster but the enjoyment on 6s is top notch.

Cant really speak for the kraton (personally as i own a typhon) but if your gonna be running in parking lots/yards the typhon imo will be a better option. Stock tires do fine for the typical 6" under grass. Plus 1/8 buggy street tires are cheap on ebay and you wont lose too much speed compared to the kratons massive bashers. Theirs a few kratons at my track and i typically am faster, though they arent prone to traction rolling like the typhon is. Driver etiquette is important. I "strongly advise starting off with 4s and maybe change to your 16t pinion when you progress in your learning. 6s is mayhem, you will pee yourself as said above, and breakage will come to you faster but the enjoyment on 6s is top notch.

I agree starting on 4s with the default punch settings is a great baseline to get used to how the rig drives. I have the outcast kraton and typhon all 2018 models and only run 6s usually but the typhon and the kraton are amazing on 4s punch 9 on the track. I run a tekno 17t on all 3 of them and love it. My typhon is super nimble fun and handles like it' on rails. My kraton is tame when you want it to b but on 6s you can really release the KRATON lol. And my outcast is just lime the name the outcast of the group pretty much mental at all times but that' what makes it my favorite out of all of them.

I agree starting on 4s with the default punch settings is a great baseline to get used to how the rig drives. I have the outcast kraton and typhon all 2018 models and only run 6s usually but the typhon and the kraton are amazing on 4s punch 9 on the track. I run a tekno 17t on all 3 of them and love it. My typhon is super nimble fun and handles like it' on rails. My kraton is tame when you want it to b but on 6s you can really release the KRATON lol. And my outcast is just lime the name the outcast of the group pretty much mental at all times but that' what makes it my favorite out of all of them.
What made you choose a tekno pinion? Just curious as i just sheered teeth off mine. It was lazyness not adjusting my mesh, 100% my fault

I had a rr 16t on it after I killed my factory pinion and we all kno arrmas oinions are junk. I went to my lhs 2 get a rr 17t and they didn' have any in stock. I went with the tekno 17t I only run on 6s punch 9 and have had no issues with the tekno pinion.

I
I had a rr 16t on it after I killed my factory pinion and we all kno arrmas oinions are junk. I went to my lhs 2 get a rr 17t and they didn' have any in stock. I went with the tekno 17t I only run on 6s punch 9 and have had no issues with the tekno pinion.
I have both a Tekno & Robinson Racing pinion and will be testing both using my V3 Kraton and V3 Talion. It will be interesting to see if the wear will be the same. Has anyone tested both to compare against each other, as both have good names and are good quality.

Rr racing 16t can tell by the teeth very minimal wear but I've been running my tekno 17t for much longer then the 16 and it' in better shape. Watch your motor temps.

Attachments

• 20180407_061302.jpg
    20180407_061302.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 20180407_061235.jpg
    20180407_061235.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 64
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back