Typhon Typhon V3 or Kraton V3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the ware on the 16t rr I got only after about a month of 6s. Had the tekno 3 months now and is in better shape. Running a 17t keep an eye on temps.thats y I have the fan and the hr heat sink in red looks good what do u think motor finally mounted in the 6s rustler
20180407_061222.jpg
20180407_061211.jpg
20180407_061159.jpg

Would you guys say the kraton and typhon are the same skill level in terms of upgrades and working on them?

Still debating.. Typhon look so bad ass and slick, but love how big the kraton is..

Would you guys say the kraton and typhon are the same skill level in terms of upgrades and working on them?

Still debating.. Typhon look so bad ass and slick, but love how big the kraton is..

Yes in both those terms they are identical. I think they Typhon is faster and it's easier to get into trouble on 6s though.

I totally agree, Typhon is crazy quick on 6s, even 4s. the Kraton on 4s is very fast too but just like a dream to drive. you can easily teach some one to drive the kraton on 4s who has never driven an RC truck before. Both great cars, sometimes the Typhon can be had a good bit cheaper than the other big Arrmas.

Is both an option? :) I have both, they make a great pair.

For maintenance, yes, they will be the same. Same assemblies for both, but some parts are longer for Kraton.

What kind of driving are you doing? If you are planning on doing much park running / off-road bashing, I'd go Kraton. Typhon is better for smoother areas and track running.

If I had to compare the two cars to dogs, the Kraton would be an energetic sheep dog, where the Typhon is a caffeinated squirrel.

Is both an option? :) I have both, they make a great pair.

For maintenance, yes, they will be the same. Same assemblies for both, but some parts are longer for Kraton.

What kind of driving are you doing? If you are planning on doing much park running / off-road bashing, I'd go Kraton. Typhon is better for smoother areas and track running.

If I had to compare the two cars to dogs, the Kraton would be an energetic sheep dog, where the Typhon is a caffeinated squirrel.

Lmao, great comparison.

I was reading this in the gym and looked out the window and saw a squirrel..

Might have my answer.

I've heard the typhon may not run as hot as the kraton and could be slightly more durable with less weight?

And I can always truggify in the future!

I've seen videos of her ripping through fields and grass pretty nice..

I trugified my Typhon and it is just beastly. Wheelies all over the place on 4s, 6s it is a lunatic. If you run in grass mostly, trugified is the way to go. The videos and posts here convinced me to do it and I don’t think I will change it back anytime soon.

What made you choose a tekno pinion? Just curious as i just sheered teeth off mine. It was lazyness not adjusting my mesh, 100% my fault
Also, I believe the Tekno pinions have larger set screws so as not to strip it when installing or removing.

I have a Kraton on order. Everyone knows the drill here, back-ordered until Late Apr or worse. However, in the time I have been given I find myself drawn to the Typhon. I love the monster truck but i also love a buggy. The Typhon looks to be a monster...:)

Im then between the two. besides personal taste, is there any reason to choose one over the other? better parts availability or less to fix/upgrade?
Typhon is badass right outof the box. I didn’t have to shim my diffs, did tighten a couple of screws, but been bashing for a few months now. Until two days ago. I misjudged a culvert at wot and destroyed a lower control arm, everything else is good

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back