Typhon Typhon V3 w/ MX28 Badlands on F11Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pasipple$

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
I posted this in the Wheels and Tire thread but no responses...

Pretty new to RC and definitely new to Arrma.

Just purchased a set of MX28 Badlands tires mounted on F11 17mm rims directly from Pro-Line. Bought this setup after seeing a YouTube video by Aussie RC Playground.

However, the tires appear too big for the Typhon. The inside of the tire sidewall rubs against the top of the rear hubs.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks...

Here's what it looks like on mine, and someone else's complete car:

20171021_133142.jpg

full.jpg

Some details: the pins don't fit, you need to use the stock ones. There's a bit of slop, I use 8X12X0.6MM shims but other with the same mod don't and don't have problems. I did the washer mod (see threads below) just in case.

Threads:
https://arrmaforum.com/threads/typhon-with-talion-wheels.2545/
On a Senton: https://arrmaforum.com/threads/widened-the-sentons-stance.4082/

Alternative solution is to change the arms for Outcast or Kraton ones I think. Some people have done this. It's a bit cleaner but more involved.

Here's what it looks like on mine, and someone else's complete car:

View attachment 13463

View attachment 13464

Some details: the pins don't fit, you need to use the stock ones. There's a bit of slop, I use 8X12X0.6MM shims but other with the same mod don't and don't have problems. I did the washer mod (see threads below) just in case.

Threads:
https://arrmaforum.com/threads/typhon-with-talion-wheels.2545/
On a Senton: https://arrmaforum.com/threads/widened-the-sentons-stance.4082/

Alternative solution is to change the arms for Outcast or Kraton ones I think. Some people have done this. It's a bit cleaner but more involved.
You can get the extra width for clearance with V2 Kraton hex's, axel's, and hubs, but yes... more involved and pricier no doubt than getting hex adapters.

I used the Associated extenders on my Senton and drilled the axle to accommodate the bigger Associated pin. I'm running the MX28's on the F11's too. It really turns that stock beast of a truck in to a monster.
Hells yeah brother, that's what I'm talking about!!!

I used the Associated extenders on my Senton and drilled the axle to accommodate the bigger Associated pin. I'm running the MX28's on the F11's too. It really turns that stock beast of a truck in to a monster.
Let's see some pics of that setup. Sounds sweet as poop

If I want to 'truggify' on a v3 typhon, should I use v3 kraton hexes, axles, and hubs?

If I want to 'truggify' on a v3 typhon, should I use v3 kraton hexes, axles, and hubs?
You can yes. Or the other option is the team associated extended wheel hubs mentioned above. That’s what I used on my silver V1 Typhon

Thanks!

Do you know the part #'s for the v3 kraton arms, hexes, axles? because I can't seem to find part #'s for the v3 kraton

Also, did you run into any mechanical problems with the hex extenders?

Here’s the associated extended hubs and the axle pin sizes are different. You can use the factory Arrma axel pins or drill out the axles to accept the bigger associated pins. Other than that no issues

Attachments

• 4F00D438-2DC1-4E6A-8832-57C5C2ADCEB9.jpeg
    4F00D438-2DC1-4E6A-8832-57C5C2ADCEB9.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 203
Factory vs extended hubs and proline 2.8 badlands on F11 wheels just the width difference.

Ok thanks! are the v2 and v3 kraton axles and hexes and hubs the same?
As far as I know yes they are I do not believe there was a design change in that area.

Attachments

• 6A731B1D-7086-46EE-9CC3-ACD6661E2668.jpeg
    6A731B1D-7086-46EE-9CC3-ACD6661E2668.jpeg
    284.3 KB · Views: 203
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back