Typhon Typhon V3 w/ MX28 Badlands on F11Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered my Typhon today. Will no doubt trugify immediately What pinion are you guys running with the trenchers? What is best over all pinion. I want speed but bash speed. Not up and down the street speed.

I ordered my Typhon today. Will no doubt trugify immediately What pinion are you guys running with the trenchers? What is best over all pinion. I want speed but bash speed. Not up and down the street speed.
I run 16-18 tooth 6s with either taped MX28s or Trenchers. They will balloon crazy if not strapped. Just watch your temps to play it safe.

Anyone ran 3.8 instead of mx 2.8s...stupid tires selection always is a disaster it seems. No hobby shop worth a damn around here to put them in hands prior to purchase

Example.... What the heck size would you all say these are...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1511644223913.jpg
    FB_IMG_1511644223913.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 289
I am going to say for 95% sure that those are Badlands 3.8s. Proportionally they are too tall and too wide to be 2.8s, but I have been wrong many times before. Once I convert my Typhon arms, hubs and driveshafts I was going to either run Badlands 3.8s or Badland MX28s.

I am going to say for 95% sure that those are Badlands 3.8s. Proportionally they are too tall and too wide to be 2.8s, but I have been wrong many times before. Once I convert my Typhon arms, hubs and driveshafts I was going to either run Badlands 3.8s or Badland MX28s.

This ^^^ My post above, I was confused about the difference between 3.8 Badlands and Badlands MX38. Both are 3.8 size tires, but the standard Badland is more a truggy size tire, the MX38 is a monster truck size tire - bigger.
Pic copied from another thread here - these are the MX38's - huge tires.
MX38.jpg

Last edited:
This ^^^ My post above, I was confused about the difference between 3.8 Badlands and Badlands MX38. Both are 3.8 size tires, but the standard Badland is more a truggy size tire, the MX38 is a monster truck size tire - bigger.
Pic copied from another thread here - these are the MX38's - huge tires.
View attachment 14055
I knew from the tread pattern that they weren't the MX series but it is amazing how much taller and wider the MX series is compared to their Badlands counterpart. I just saw the picture and it looked very close to when I put the Kraton wheels and tires on my Typhon so I was almost positive they were the 3.8s lol. In my mind, they should have just named MX38 and left the Badlands out of the name to prevent confusion.

I knew from the tread pattern that they weren't the MX series but it is amazing how much taller and wider the MX series is compared to their Badlands counterpart. I just saw the picture and it looked very close to when I put the Kraton wheels and tires on my Typhon so I was almost positive they were the 3.8s lol. In my mind, they should have just named MX38 and left the Badlands out of the name to prevent confusion.

SO....3.8 "regular" Badlands? Does anyone know if any 1/2" offset is needed when ordering. I will by buying the Kraton/Outcast hex, axle and carrier hubs. Not using the hex extensions.

SO....3.8 "regular" Badlands? Does anyone know if any 1/2" offset is needed when ordering. I will by buying the Kraton/Outcast hex, axle and carrier hubs. Not using the hex extensions.
1/2" offset is standard on all these Proline wheels mentioned above. The 3.8 is too big on the Truggified Typhon and too hard on the straight cut diffs. MX28s either taped or strapped with braid are the best from my experience anyways.

Would the talion "Katar" wheels and tires work on a truggifyed typhon? Im looking to truggify and are wondering about tire choices. My top ones are the PL trenchers(over the mx28's) bc I do quite a bit of on road running, but if the talion (V3) ones fit, they are way cheaper and seem to not wear too bad on road. Does anyone know if these would fit on a V3 typhon with kraton hexes, axles, and hubs?

Also, where can you find the katar tires? Everywhere seems to have them backordered...

You can get the extra width for clearance with V2 Kraton hex's, axel's, and hubs, but yes... more involved and pricier no doubt than getting hex adapters.
So I decided to truggify but the axles are way to long... am I doing something wrong?

Ok I got it now. The prob was that I was using the whole axle instead of just the outer part. The truggified typhon is soooo much more stable even with the stock tires. Highly worth the upgrade.
I'm telling you, Arrma should have a Typhon Xtreme RTR that's already Truggified!!! It's such a BEAST with strapped 2.8 MT wheels especially. Glad you got it sorted. Happy New Year's.

Hi guys, have any of you had badlands explode on you before..? I’ve litterally used mine half a dozen times if that and both front tyres have popped, in the same place! :( They are in perfect condition apart from that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back