Typhon Typhon V3 w/ MX28 Badlands on F11Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, have any of you had badlands explode on you before..? I’ve litterally used mine half a dozen times if that and both front tyres have popped, in the same place! :( They are in perfect condition apart from that
YES.... Lol!!! Only lost one front, but was running 6s with my Mamba Monster X 2200kv before I realized it was too much and went back to 4s geared up. My Gorilla tape job popped:eek::eek::eek: and sidewall just gave up off a jump on hard throttle trying to bring the nose up. Try strapping with Gorilla Tough fishing braid, 2 rows per tire, 3-4 wraps tacked down with CA glue. It's 6s worthy no doubt.

Hi guys, have any of you had badlands explode on you before..? I’ve litterally used mine half a dozen times if that and both front tyres have popped, in the same place! :( They are in perfect condition apart from that
YES.... Lol!!! Only lost one front, but was running 6s with my Mamba Monster X 2200kv before I realized it was too much and went back to 4s geared up. My Gorilla tape job popped:eek::eek::eek: and sidewall just gave up off a jump on hard throttle trying to bring the nose up. Try strapping with Gorilla Tough fishing braid, 2 rows per tire, 3-4 wraps tacked down with CA glue. It's 6s worthy no doubt.

Holy multipost, batman!

LOL

Sorry about multipost...Lol!!! It wouldn't upload so I kept hitting post.

Sorry about multipost...Lol!!! It wouldn't upload so I kept hitting post.
Ha, I thought you really wanted me to read that lol!

Damn ok, I did line them with duck tape but only one wrap. First few times I used them they were solid but then noticed they got sloppy and blew up at speed. Now they have perished for good. Will have to get 2 more and harden then as per your instruction. Thanks bud

Ha, I thought you really wanted me to read that lol!

Damn ok, I did line them with duck tape but only one wrap. First few times I used them they were solid but then noticed they got sloppy and blew up at speed. Now they have perished for good. Will have to get 2 more and harden then as per your instruction. Thanks bud
No problem brother. RC Bashing the Kraton did a video on this as did RC Anonymous. It's much easier than taping and has worked well for my buddy Tdogg. I'm doing it myself soon. If you do ever tape again, I'd recommend 2 full wraps of 2" Gorilla tape, then heated with a heat gun on low. Duck tape usually won't last long.

No problem brother. RC Bashing the Kraton did a video on this as did RC Anonymous. It's much easier than taping and has worked well for my buddy Tdogg. I'm doing it myself soon. If you do ever tape again, I'd recommend 2 full wraps of 2" Gorilla tape, then heated with a heat gun on low. Duck tape usually won't last long.
Great thanks, I will have a look for the videos. I don't suppose there's an easy way to detach glued wheel and tyres..?

Odd, why can I only see empty posts now? Happens on entire forum...
I can see some attachments, but no actual text posts.

Watch RC Girls vid on tire removal. She's hot and so is her baking technique:eek::eek::eek:.
Ok I managed to de-bond my old tyres and save the wheels etc. I watched Kraton bashing and how to bind the tyres also but he threw in a curve ball by taping up the holes on the wheels in favour of drilling (or melting) alternate holes into the actual tyre tread! It does make sense or water would never escape, but i'm nervous about this man?! :eek: anyone here do this?

Surely if drain holes on the exterior were that important tyre manufacturers would do this?

Last edited:
Ok I managed to de-bond my old tyres and save the wheels etc. I watched Kraton bashing and how to bind the tyres also but he threw in a curve ball by taping up the holes on the wheels in favour of drilling (or melting) alternate holes into the actual tyre tread! It does make sense or water would never escape, but i'm nervous about this man?! :eek: anyone here do this?
I do...

Surely if drain holes on the exterior were that important tyre manufacturers would do this?

The better mrfgs do add vents on some of the tires... My AKA racing tires come pre-vented on the rubber side, and Proline Badlands also come pre-vented.

Just do it - vent the rubber. don't use a standard drill bit, use a brass tube, or the red-hot poker method. You need clean holes, and a drill bit will tear the rubber.

After the rubber is vented, tape over the rim hole vents - they just cause problems.

The better mrfgs do add vents on some of the tires... My AKA racing tires come pre-vented on the rubber side, and Proline Badlands also come pre-vented.

Just do it - vent the rubber. don't use a standard drill bit, use a brass tube, or the red-hot poker method. You need clean holes, and a drill bit will tear the rubber.

After the rubber is vented, tape over the rim hole vents - they just cause problems.
Strange that badlands have them, I’m using proline trenchers And they don’t have vent holes. I’ll give it a bash then thanks

Lots of good YouTube videos on using sharpened 3/16" brass tubing chucked in a drill. This greatly prolongs the life of your foams and helps keep your wheels balanced by allowing water and debris to fly out. The tire manufacturers want you to go through wheels and buy more sets.

FWIW, I've bought several pairs of buggy badlands, and only the set that came pre-glued were pre-vented. The others I had to vent each one...

Have any of you guys used the rc8 narrow hex adaptors part #89329? I just got a tyhpon n some mx28s and it only needs a lil bit of extra clearence. Or should i just get the rc8t wide adaptors part #89330

I'd just go for the wider ones, bc I don't think it can hurt and people know that they work

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back