Typhon V4 6s eBay roller Build for my 9yr old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Raider
  3. Typhon 6s
Just purchased a Typhon V4 6s roller from eBay for my son. i got it for $250 and i already have a blx185 and the blx 2050kv motor esc combo from my Kraton build and purchased a eco power wp110 servo to replace the stock arrma 15kg servo, i figured i would use the stock transmitter and receiver (i like the throttle limiter on transmitter especially for my 9 yr old) although i don't like the lag of the throttle or the plastic steering wheel. In this build i will be installing several M2C racing parts, Goliath chassis, center braces, and shock towers. I plan on truggifying it eventually cause i have most of those parts as well.

typhon electronics.jpg

Typhon V4 Roller1.jpg

Still need a body and wheels/tires.
Planing on the original wheel Katar B found them on amazon for $30 a pair.

what thickness of diff fluid is everyone using in typhon 6s for some bashing? i use 50,000 front, 500,000 center, and 20,000 in rear of my kraton 6s and that seems to be perfect for that beast

View attachment 68570
View attachment 68571
all painted up and ready for maiden voyage hopefully tonight after work I can run a battery. Next is to start ordering some M2C racing stuff lol I love this hobby

Did you paint the body? Looks awesome! I think you’re gonna love those tires but I’d run a bead of glue around them before your first run, on the outside at the least.

yes i painted the body got a few blemishes but it looks sweet i like it and so does my boy, i do like these tires alot i see proline is now venting these as well 1 hole per tire in the tread not in rim. you can see hole in front right tire (picture above)
i ran a 20t pinion last night for about 5-10min and my motor was a little hot to the touch will i be able to keep it cooler if i go to a 18t pinion?

Last edited:
yes i painted the body got a few blemishes but it looks sweet i like it and so does my boy, i do like these tires alot i see proline is now venting these as well 1 hole per tire in the tread not in rim. you can see hole in front right tire (picture above)
i ran a 20t pinion last night for about 5-10min and my motor was a little hot to the touch will i be able to keep it cooler if i go to a 18t pinion?

Yeah, I think so, I run a 17T with those same tires and it usually doesn’t get above 110F right now. It’s usually about 50F outside. I do have a fan on the motor though.

I’m also glad PL has listened and vented the tires the correct way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back