Typhon v4 radio glitches?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wmorgan

When in doubt...bash it!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Typhon 6s
Anyone else have issues with the stock radio? First 5 runs had no issues. Then last night the radio seemed to glitch and there was a minor second delay in throttle and steering only spuratically. As y'all know in the wrong situation that could be catastrophic. I was watching some YT last night and turns out on one of @RC dude81s latest Typhon runs he mentioned having issues and changed radios to correct the issue.
Anyone else having this issue?

Still curious as to why they went with that craptastic Spektrum when the tactic ttx300 worked fine in previous models. :(
This isn't the first time I've heard of that radio combo giving people issues, not just with the arrma line they are included with now.

Still curious as to why they went with that craptastic Spektrum when the tactic ttx300 worked fine in previous models. :(
This isn't the first time I've heard of that radio combo giving people issues, not just with the arrma line they are included with now.
I think to keep costs down, but given the quality of the vehicle and then to pair with the cheapest radio just to hit a price point doesn't make sense. Better to not include the POS and let people pick their own radio and shave another $30 off the car price.

So far I've had no issues with the radio on my Kraton ??

Anyone else have issues with the stock radio? First 5 runs had no issues. Then last night the radio seemed to glitch and there was a minor second delay in throttle and steering only spuratically. As y'all know in the wrong situation that could be catastrophic. I was watching some YT last night and turns out on one of @RC dude81s latest Typhon runs he mentioned having issues and changed radios to correct the issue.
Anyone else having this issue?
You seriously didn't search Spektrum on here? :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I figured it was to keep costs down, but it's not worth it if it's going to give your product a bad name. Even at my local track every single person warned me when buying a radio for my TLR buggy.
"Spektrum is fine as long as it's a "4" series or above, anything less is total garbage."

Mind you I picked up an extra tactic ttx300 and receiver for $25 out of a Notorious open box on ebay that I use in it currently til' I get a "proper" racing combo and haven't had one issue yet. :D

Maybe a deal with HH. HH may have decided that they're in bed with Spektrum and need to get em moving to keep the deal.
I'm only speculating but so far it seems like the low end Spektrum system is a (n) from end users. It's not working so far imo but it may be a while before they make a real change. I can get Tactic TX and RX for $30 and switch but shouldn't have to imo.

Maybe a deal with HH. HH may have decided that they're in bed with Spektrum and need to get em moving to keep the deal.
I'm only speculating but so far it seems like the low end Spektrum system is a (n) from end users. It's not working so far imo but it may be a while before they make a real change. I can get Tactic TX and RX for $30 and switch but shouldn't have to imo.
Doesn't HH own Spektrum? And Tactic?

You seriously didn't search Spektrum STX2 on here? :ROFLMAO:
Fixed. I have 3 other Spektrum radio systems and other than the DX2E being a bit bulky and fugly I have not had any issues with Spektrum.

Doesn't HH own Spektrum? And Tactic?
hmmm. Not sure. Makes sense though to research why they'd switch from what works to what isn't. There's less progress with Tactic than Spektrum so maybe they want to introduce Spektrum to see if folks will upgrade within the same system.
I used to watch RC planes and quads. I saw when Flite Test switched and suddenly became 100% loyal. All makes me wonder.

....maybe they want to introduce Spektrum to see if folks will upgrade within the same system.

People will be less likely IMO to want to upgrade from the stock Spectrum to another version if they reason they are wanting to move from the stock is because it is unreliable. If I had something unreliable, I wouldn't spend even more money with the same brand hoping the problems don't follow. I would look to move to something completely different....but that's just me.

What you are saying absolutely makes sense assuming that base product works well though, and I presume that's where you were coming from, and it makes a bunch of sense. Hopefully they can fix the issue some how with some kind of software fix.

People will be less likely IMO to want to upgrade from the stock Spectrum to another version if they reason they are wanting to move from the stock is because it is unreliable. If I had something unreliable, I wouldn't spend even more money with the same brand hoping the problems don't follow. I would look to move to something completely different....but that's just me.

What you are saying absolutely makes sense assuming that base product works well though, and I presume that's where you were coming from, and it makes a bunch of sense. Hopefully they can fix the issue some how with some kind of software fix.
Don't hold your breath the Ecx guys have been suffering with these issues since 2017......

Is there even a way to update firmware on Spektrum stuff we'd use? I don't think radio systems work like the rest of the vehicle. If the stock tires suck, I'll get some more. If we need new knuckles, new steering, new chassis or just braces, no prob. Even better. New motor that works with stock esc....or new esc even.
I just don't want to d*ck around with that stuff for my radio. I want the radio to work and deal with that later. Not when I first buy the truck. Other stuff to play with before electrics. And lots of guys...including me, don't get off on playing with electrics yet....motor/ esc.
I will soon enough but I certainly don't want to be turned off cause the radio and rx don't do me right.

I really wish Horizon would have went with the DX2E, it may be fugly but at least it comes with a DSMR receiver.............

amen to that @crimsonfancy . I'm a pretty average RC owner and I don't need a lot out of my radio. I only have a few cars so even an extra radio or two is no issue to me. I don't need much just forward, backwards, left and right. Something basic that I can't screw up and fits nice in my big mit is all I want

amen to that @crimsonfancy . I'm a pretty average RC owner and I don't need a lot out of my radio. I only have a few cars so even an extra radio or two is no issue to me. I don't need much just forward, backwards, left and right. Something basic that I can't screw up and fits nice in my big mit is all I want
RTR- the radio needs to work because I don't know enough about it to feel like learning and messing with it from the gitgo. I wanna run my truck and break plastic and upgrade or replace. Enough to worry about thats fun to do. rx and tx sucks and I'd rather not buy the truck.

RTR- the radio needs to work because I don't know enough about it to feel like learning and messing with it from the gitgo. I wanna run my truck and break plastic and upgrade or replace. Enough to worry about thats fun to do. rx and tx sucks and I'd rather not buy the truck.
I would much rather have the option for no radio I already have enough of those.
15562511533551740589287051452872.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back