Typhon Typhon v5 29T mesh?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi guys I’ve just finned a 29T pinion onto my Typhon v5 (stock spur gear) does this sound right? In the video… it was really hard to get any decent mesh

Last edited:
Hard to tell when you're moving it so far. You just need to rock it back and forth to see if there is play (lash) between the gears. You don't need to roll the whole car, just hold the spur still with one hand and rock the pinion with the other. There should be a little tick sound as you rock it back and forth. If there is no play, back it off the smallest amount until it will tick back and forth. You want it as tight as you can get it with the smallest amount of play.

I don’t know how you were able to get both mounting screws in without grinding the mount. The largest I have seen is 24T, and that requires some grinding. 23T is said to be the max without any modifications.

I don’t know how you were able to get both mounting screws in without grinding the mount. The largest I have seen is 24T, and that requires some grinding. 23T is said to be the max without any modifications.
Exactly, iv got a 46t spur and put a 26t on my noto for a speed run and it was tight had to dremmel just a tish off it🤷‍♂️

So grind it open more toward the outside of the car? But that means il be sliding the pinion further away from the spur so it won’t make any contact 🤔

I went though this Saturday, with a 20T. I did the do-dumb and put a 0.8 pinion instead of a mod 1! 🤣🤪. Didn't realize it until I pressed the trigger! Sounded the same

Back