Typhon Typhon v5 6s - best wire management

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi guys what’s the best way to manage the wires so they are not flying about all over the place? I would like the battery wires certainly fixed in place out of the way because it’s sometimes hard or tight to get the body shell back on and pinned into place
Any hints or tips would be appreciated
Thanks ☺️

FF46485A-269B-4120-9F91-E8466491C941.jpeg

73F995CB-262B-4923-9DC6-F0CBA9E569E5.jpeg

594FFADF-185A-45EC-8C42-84FC5C13FEC9.jpeg

Us an additional velcro strap to wrap around and tie both cables together. Then use the short velcro strap to fasten the cables down on top of the battery. Not under the long velcro strap.

If you use the clamp to hold down the wire (like in the picture), both wires get to close to the rear left wheel and might get damaged. Or move the clamp forward.

I tend to solder a single adapter and use 4S or 6s.

Hello. Just took the Typhon out to the track for the first time yesterday. I am noticing a wire/ connector hanging there that I did not recall prior to the bashing around. Please see the attached photo. I put the zip tie on to keep it from getting into something it should not.

I cannot find anyplace to plug this in. Also, everything appears to work. What is this connector used for? Thanks in advance!

Typhon_unidentified_plug.jpg

Hello. Just took the Typhon out to the track for the first time yesterday. I am noticing a wire/ connector hanging there that I did not recall prior to the bashing around. Please see the attached photo. I put the zip tie on to keep it from getting into something it should not.

I cannot find anyplace to plug this in. Also, everything appears to work. What is this connector used for? Thanks in advance!

View attachment 189000
That is where you can plug a fan header into if you wish. So you can have a fan mounted onto the motor

I don't know, I think the Spektrum cables are a tad too long, I don't like to zip tie / strap cables together, especially tight, even if they stranded AWG, I've seen some crazy sh*t on some machines, So I think I will shorten the cables a bit, with new connectors. and solder them myself.

The clip on the battery strap can be used to hold down the ESC wires so they don't flop around (as much) - it doesn't look like you're using it in your photos.

As for the fan wires, get rid of the leads that go all the way to the receiver and just run the fan off of the ESC Y-connector for the motor fan and use zip ties to dress the remaining wires.

Back