Typhon Typhon V5 6s fans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey guys
Please can somebody point me in the right direction to find fan/s for the motor? I’m new to this hobby and just got a typhon v5 6s. Any suggestions and links would be appreciated. I live in the UK
Thanks for your time

AMain hobbies has a selection...I have the Arrma fan on my Mojave.....is kinda lame compared to other choices....depends on how much you want to spend and what your expectations are....

I have never really needed a fan for my stock motor in my rig, and I live in the North Carolina mountains. The weather here may be somewhat similar to what you experience in the UK.., I just bought the armabrand because it's a no-brainer for installation and while it may not be an absolute necessity, it's cheap insurance.

I'm sure the other guys will arrive soon and give some good insight for you

AMain hobbies has a selection...I have the Arrma fan on my Mojave.....is kinda lame compared to other choices....depends on how much you want to spend and what your expectations are....

I have never really needed a fan for my stock motor in my rig, and I live in the North Carolina mountains. The weather here may be somewhat similar to what you experience in the UK.., I just bought the armabrand because it's a no-brainer for installation and while it may not be an absolute necessity, it's cheap insurance.

I'm sure the other guys will arrive soon and give some good insight for you
Thanks for the reply. Will any arrma branded fan fit onto a stock arrma motor?

No there are many sizes. 30, 35, 40, and 50mm. I believe you need a 40mm, but I don’t own that heatsink anymore.

Go to the Arma website, pull up your rig and look under parts for your rig optional parts and such you should be able to find the correct motor for you and your motor. I am at work right now but I can do a little looking for you I'm not sure if you don't have the same motor in your typhen as I do in the Mojave I'll be back in a minute

You have the same motor and the rig you have as what I have in my Mojave. The 4074 model, 2050 kV......

I looked under the Typhon section, did not see a fan. I am not familiar with the outlay or room you have around your motor, but the heat sink for the Mojave would fit your engine, as they are the same as my Mojave..... and the fan for that heatsink is a no-brainer to affix to the heat sink.

Hey you Typhon owners.... do you have that much room to do that in your rig?

That's about all of the help I can give you sir, if that idea doesn't work there is at least 20 other ideas that definitely will ......

let's wait for the guys to chime in who know more than I do about what you're talking....

I'm sure that rig you bought is a lot of fun

Last edited:
Yeah racing fan. Fits fine on my Typhon V5. I only use one fan and keep the second as spare. Have not had any heat issues using one. You do have to add a little foam, or those heat transfer pads on the bottom between the heat sink and motor as it is a little loose without it.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/yeah-r...8mm-diameter-yea-ya-0261bk/p-qealtawqpzzxactz

20210417_110621.jpg
20210417_110550.jpg

The stock arrma heat sink and fan won’t fit under the typhon body. There isn’t enough room. That why it isn’t listed as an optional part.

Power Hobby or Yeah Racing is the best bet. I have the Power Hobby setup on my Typhon.
E4C6BD6F-4A33-4E19-84DC-6FFDD5902E53.jpeg

The stock arrma heat sink and fan won’t fit under the typhon body. There isn’t enough room. That why it isn’t listed as an optional part.

Power Hobby or Yeah Racing is the best bet. I have the Power Hobby setup on my Typhon.
View attachment 150266

Hey thanks! Please can you provide a link to the one you have? Sorry for my lack of RC knowledge or confidence as I’m still new to this hobby

View attachment 150266
Thanks guys, glad you chimed in to set that matter straight. I wish I did own both......
Hey thanks! Please can you provide a link to the one you have? Sorry for my lack of RC knowledge or confidence as I’m still new to this hobby
Don't sweat it, you're in the right place. All of us have been there when we started out. I'm still a newbie myself in so many things RC, but there are a lot of guys on here that really know their stuff. Don't be afraid to ask, but I've also learned you can learn a lot by searching around using keywords for previous posts. A lot of the stuff I was interested in has been covered before. But welcome aboard!

Last edited:
Hey guys
Please can somebody point me in the right direction to find fan/s for the motor? I’m new to this hobby and just got a typhon v5 6s. Any suggestions and links would be appreciated. I live in the UK
Thanks for your time
get the double fan set up from badtouch breakers

Is overheating an issue in the 6S Typhon? Or only when you start doing lots of grass running with Big wheels.

looks like a good setup from Bad Touch. I’ve used them before as I’m also Uk based (and thinking of getting a Typhon 6S) to complement my Big Rock.

Is overheating an issue in the 6S Typhon? Or only when you start doing lots of grass running with Big wheels.

looks like a good setup from Bad Touch. I’ve used them before as I’m also Uk based (and thinking of getting a Typhon 6S) to complement my Big Rock.
It’s not necessarily over heating.. I just wanted to add a fan for piece of mind and just to hopefully avoid a costly replacement

this hobby is all costly but worth ever penny in my eyes

The powerhobby or yeah racing dual fan setups fit it nicely. I use it on my typhons since the body will clear them.

typhon8.jpg

Back