Typhon Typhon v5 engine fan installation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey guys I’m trying to install dual fans and heat sink to the stock motor

I was supplied with 4 big screws and 4 little screws

I was assuming the 4 big ones are for the heat sink and the 4 little ones were for the fans

but the big screws are to big. As you can see in the photos they go well past and see no the wire side they begin to dig into the bottom of the chassis before they are screwed up tight. So I’ve used 2 big screws and 2 little screws to fix the heat sink in place.
Can I just cut the big screws smaller? And that will be okay?
Also which way will I get the best out of the fans? Air blowing onto heat sink? Or air blowing away from heat sink?
Finally… is the placing of the heat sink correct?

thanks

2AF20880-F9AD-4ADD-B05C-E348758C5FA5.jpeg

BACBE568-8C0A-4320-AB66-F18F2DEDCAB0.jpeg

4FB88646-9A26-42C5-B93A-6D1A0198E4D7.jpeg

D1E9A6D2-1F91-4901-AF9F-E6F2E7043D1F.jpeg

The larger screw is going to be for the fans. Just my best guess based on your pictures. Because it doesn't make sense to have a longer screw going through the heatsink and a lot of thread not being used to help secure it to the motor. I wouldn't cut the screws.

BLOW it toward the motor because it works better (usually the plastic parts taking the wires to the fan are on the bottom). I would try and fiddle around with the screws until you find a way that works well and if you have spare hardware I would see if there are any screws that fit better than what came with the heatsink

Back