Typhon Typhon v5: how to reattach drive shaft to spool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey guys I’ve got my self a spool 46T and I’m trying to install it and put everything back together but I’m finding it a bit hard. How do you line everything up with out things fall out lol
Any advice would be great 👍

61F08D4C-839E-456B-A595-F51EC4CF706C.jpeg

B39F2136-6BB3-4B39-BDA1-5839730CEEB5.jpeg

Also doesn’t the spool have spacers missing between the bearings and gears, etc?
I not sure just from the one I am making i have spacers
The spur gear can move up and down the shaft, this allow it to be lined up with the pinion exactly where I want it. I then tighten the grub screw and hold it in place

Yep you are missing the spacers. You could simply use washers if that’s all you have. I have also used extra bearings at points when my gap was big enough. You just need those bearings held in place

I would show you mine lol, but all I have are the pieces, I had a crash so I’m rebuilding and waiting on a few parts till I make it, but I used the same parts as you the same 8mm rod, drive cups, and spur gear. And then adding the spacers is also in my plan I saw several others do it this way on here, and on YouTube. Try checking out a few videos. I also like the adjustment of the spur, but then once I have the set spot I’m putting the spacers cut to size. Good luck, if you need a piece of the carbon fiber tube I have plenty extra I would send you a piece u could cut spacers from. Just pm me an address

Its a tight fit with the front brace installed. Take the brace out and put the front shaft in first, kind of a balancing act, then put the rear shaft in and give it a push until it locks in👍

Yeah you “might” want to measure the spacers yourself since your gear “might” be different setup then the 2mm, &8.9mm spacers are made for. Just to be sure 😁👍🏻And don’t make them tight, they just need to keep things from coming out of their place, having .25-.5mm of play is ok on each side of spacer.

Last edited:
Yeah you “might” want to measure the spacers yourself since your gear “might” be different setup then the 2mm, &8.9mm spacers are made for. Just to be sure 😁👍🏻And don’t make them tight, they just need to keep things from coming out of their place, having .25-.5mm of play is ok on each side of spacer.
Cheers, will do… I’ve got a carbon fibre tube on its way to me this coming week so I can measure and cut it to the sizes I need 😊

Back