Typhon Typhon vs 8ight 3.0

JamminHyaku

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I already own a typhon, and I enjoy it. its good for bashing, and handles ok on the local track, nothing fancy but it works. Its noticeably heavier than a racer though, it feels okay to me but ive also never driven an RC racer other than my brothers associated b64 (1/10 and like 1/3 the wieght of the typhon)
Someone locally is selling a losi 8ight 3.0 (it was a kit) as a slider for 500$ CAD (seems like a lot, but these things seem to be around 1000$ for the new version as a slider in canada)
Would it be worth it to sell the typhon and get the losi? How different would it feel on a track? My typhon is 2016 and the losi is 2012 i believe so its a noticeably older car. Anyone know parts availability? Thank you for any help you can offer

bicketybam

Drives like a barbarian with a bended brain!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock 4x4, Granite, Infraction, Kraton 8S, Kraton 6s, Kraton 4s, Mojave, Notorious, Talion, Typhon 6s
I already own a typhon, and I enjoy it. its good for bashing, and handles ok on the local track, nothing fancy but it works. Its noticeably heavier than a racer though, it feels okay to me but ive also never driven an RC racer other than my brothers associated b64 (1/10 and like 1/3 the wieght of the typhon)
Someone locally is selling a losi 8ight 3.0 (it was a kit) as a slider for 500$ CAD (seems like a lot, but these things seem to be around 1000$ for the new version as a slider in canada)
Would it be worth it to sell the typhon and get the losi? How different would it feel on a track? My typhon is 2016 and the losi is 2012 i believe so its a noticeably older car. Anyone know parts availability? Thank you for any help you can offer
Try here: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega, Kraton 6s, Outcast 6s, Typhon 6s
The 3.0 was a great car, but it has been discontinued for a few years now. Parts supply will dry up soon.

If you want to race, try something newer.

pl9171

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton, Typhon 6s, Typhon 3s
Someone locally is selling a losi 8ight 3.0 (it was a kit) as a slider for 500$ CAD
Hi,
Lot of guys at local track have the TLR 3,0 and these are running like monsters on the track.
My opinion? I will take it as a starter RC racing machine for training and friendly races and keep an eye on a brand new 4,0 for officials races… But, that's my opinion… :)
PL

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega, Kraton 6s, Outcast 6s, Typhon 6s
Hi,
Lot of guys at local track have the TLR 3,0 and these are running like monsters on the track.
My opinion? I will take it as a starter RC racing machine for training and friendly races and keep an eye on a brand new 4,0 for officials races… But, that's my opinion… :)
PL
4.0 is discontinued too. Current model is the 8ight.X

😎