Typhon Typhon vs 8ight 3.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamminHyaku

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I already own a typhon, and I enjoy it. its good for bashing, and handles ok on the local track, nothing fancy but it works. Its noticeably heavier than a racer though, it feels okay to me but ive also never driven an RC racer other than my brothers associated b64 (1/10 and like 1/3 the wieght of the typhon)
Someone locally is selling a losi 8ight 3.0 (it was a kit) as a slider for 500$ CAD (seems like a lot, but these things seem to be around 1000$ for the new version as a slider in canada)
Would it be worth it to sell the typhon and get the losi? How different would it feel on a track? My typhon is 2016 and the losi is 2012 i believe so its a noticeably older car. Anyone know parts availability? Thank you for any help you can offer

I already own a typhon, and I enjoy it. its good for bashing, and handles ok on the local track, nothing fancy but it works. Its noticeably heavier than a racer though, it feels okay to me but ive also never driven an RC racer other than my brothers associated b64 (1/10 and like 1/3 the wieght of the typhon)
Someone locally is selling a losi 8ight 3.0 (it was a kit) as a slider for 500$ CAD (seems like a lot, but these things seem to be around 1000$ for the new version as a slider in canada)
Would it be worth it to sell the typhon and get the losi? How different would it feel on a track? My typhon is 2016 and the losi is 2012 i believe so its a noticeably older car. Anyone know parts availability? Thank you for any help you can offer

Try here: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/

Someone locally is selling a losi 8ight 3.0 (it was a kit) as a slider for 500$ CAD

Hi,
Lot of guys at local track have the TLR 3,0 and these are running like monsters on the track.
My opinion? I will take it as a starter RC racing machine for training and friendly races and keep an eye on a brand new 4,0 for officials races… But, that's my opinion… :)
PL

Hi,
Lot of guys at local track have the TLR 3,0 and these are running like monsters on the track.
My opinion? I will take it as a starter RC racing machine for training and friendly races and keep an eye on a brand new 4,0 for officials races… But, that's my opinion… :)
PL
4.0 is discontinued too. Current model is the 8ight.X

?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back