Typhon Typhon vs Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arya

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I seem to be torn between the Typhon and Kraton. After deliberation on terrain, etc., it boils down for me to how the Typhon compares to the Kraton as basher and if it handles well enough as I've seen it spin out or tumble on sandy/rocky grounds. Any inputs are appreciated....

Kraton for any terrain, and jumps. Soaks up bumps, holes, tall grass, etc. Awesome at jumping and air control.

Typhon for street and flat dirt areas. Faster, more nimble - more fun on this terrain.

Yeah, I wish I knew where that orchard was. I did grab a fresh piece of fruit last month, though. Those are some awesome trees, man.
Kraton for any terrain, and jumps. Soaks up bumps, holes, tall grass, etc. Awesome at jumping and air control.

Typhon for street and flat dirt areas. Faster, more nimble - more fun on this terrain.
Perfect advice. One thing I love about the Typhon is you have to try pretty hard to flip it in corners. And, they are fast! But yup, Kraton goes anywhere, over anything. Or can fly above it all.

I seem to be torn between the Typhon and Kraton. After deliberation on terrain, etc., it boils down for me to how the Typhon compares to the Kraton as basher and if it handles well enough as I've seen it spin out or tumble on sandy/rocky grounds. Any inputs are appreciated....
Typhon with kraton hubs ,then u have a tykraton kind of thing handles good on the rough

Truggified Typhon vs KEXB... tough call, so I built both. For outright bashing, you can't beat the monster truck. For tearing azz across the land and busting speed jumps, the Typhon rips. Typhon handles better and stays in its feet. Kraton is for mosh!

I would say if you are considering those 2 consider a Talion. It handles close to a Typhon when it is on its stock wheels and tires and a simple wheel/tire swap makes it drive much more like a Kraton. We picked up a Talion for my son to kinda add something different to the lineup and reduce duplicity. The Talion is fast and extremely fun in its stock configuration but swapping tires to either Backfip Lp’s makes it very much Kraton like. It flips and wheelies at will yet retains a little lower cog. The Kraton with its increased ground clearance is a great do it all basher. It’s only real drawback is handling but it still does that quite well.

Or you could get the Kraton and throw some truggy wheels on it. It would be a little wider than a Talion but not noticeably so. This is my $329 Kraton EXB from Black Friday:

CED3C532-D221-4BDC-B389-0E1ADCF1BEE2.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back