Typhon Typhon vs Sworkz S350 BE1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobi RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Vendetta
Hi, I´m looking for a 1/8 scale buggy. Found both as good options. Please tell me what you think. I will use it for racing most of the time. Do you think the Typhon could do it?.

Thanks
CobiRC

@Cobi RC since this is an Arrma forum that's an easy pick, get the Arrma Typhon. :D

Seriously though that's a tough choice as they are both a great pick. In situations like this I like to narrow it down by what benefits one has over the other. In this case since you're going to be racing I'd check with the places you are racing at and see if both are allowed to enter. Also another big thing is parts availability. Does your LHS carry parts for both brands or only one of them?

Really I think you'll be happy with either, so I'd try to pick one that's got something extra to offer. Like I said parts availability, support, etc.

Thanks @WoodiE As you said both are great. I live outside US and here there is only one LHS who carries Arrma and other brands I think Sworkz too. To save my wallet it`s cheaper to order from Tower or Amain. Which one need less upgrades and it`s almost ready to get into the track?. Electronics has to be changed in both cases to be more competitive. What you think?

That Sworks 350 looks intresting. Different layout from their full-on racing kit, but the front suspension looks the same. Layout is very much like the serpent/teamC - but neither of those use pillow balls up front.

Personally, if I was going to race 80-100% of the time, and was on a budget, I would look for a used Losi 3.0, or a used Tekno EB8.3 Total budget would be close to, but a bit higher than either of these RTR's, and you would have a better racer.

But if I had to choose between those two RTR's, well, I already own a Typhon! :D

Edit -
Electronics has to be changed in both cases to be more competitive.
Define Competitive? middle of the B main in a 3 heat club race? Or middle of the A main at the Roar Southern nationals? First case is doable with either car with stock electronics. For Club level racing, driving consistently is more important than anything - Slower is faster. Once you try to go to big regional races, no RTR chassis will cut it.

Best tip ever - go to your local track that you will be racing at. Walk the pits, chat with folks, tell them you want to start racing on a budget (no $1000 kits). See what they run. First time I did this, I had three guys offer to sell me their cars, because they wanted to upgrade. 2 of those were smoking deals on good chassis too. :) If you can find a kit that other racers also run, then you can sponge tuning tips off them on race day - this will help you climb the ladder quicker...

jerry

Last edited:
Thanks @Jerry-rigged. I´m an ARRMA lover too, i´m about to sell my Granite and move to an 1/8 buggy, because a local club is arranging a championship for 1/8 4s buggys. I have to choose between those. My heart tells me go for Arrma. Electronics are a little better than the Sworkz, i think.

Thanks @Jerry-rigged. I´m an ARRMA lover too, i´m about to sell my Granite and move to an 1/8 buggy, because a local club is arranging a championship for 1/8 4s buggys. I have to choose between those. My heart tells me go for Arrma. Electronics are a little better than the Sworkz, i think.

Homework reading -

Arrma Typhon
Team Durango DEX8 - (Typhon is the RTR version of DEX8)

Sworks 350 BE-1 (from this thread, looks like an older design, 2012?)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back