Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
I saw today that Tower Hobbies reduced the price on the Typhon to 379.99 and I had a code for 47 off so I decided to buy it for 332.99. I am just curious if there are any commonly weak parts that I should know about before it arrives and should maybe add to the order before it ships. I haven't found anything reading about it but figured some of you guys may have some ideas.

promtb

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I saw today that Tower Hobbies reduced the price on the Typhon to 379.99 and I had a code for 47 off so I decided to buy it for 332.99. I am just curious if there are any commonly weak parts that I should know about before it arrives and should maybe add to the order before it ships. I haven't found anything reading about it but figured some of you guys may have some ideas.

I wish there was a smoking gun (well, mayne not). But for instance, I have gopro footage running my typhon into a curb, and then it flying into a fence at 75mph. The only damage was that the steering ball joint came out. Sure, it was a little scratched up, but this (like any arrma product) is pretty robust out of the box. Honestly, for a chassis like this with its perscribed use, its very overbuilt IMO.

chevys10zr2003

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
I wish there was a smoking gun (well, mayne not). But for instance, I have gopro footage running my typhon into a curb, and then it flying into a fence at 75mph. The only damage was that the steering ball joint came out. Sure, it was a little scratched up, but this (like any arrma product) is pretty robust out of the box. Honestly, for a chassis like this with its perscribed use, its very overbuilt IMO.
Awesome thats what I was hoping to hear. I figured that it was a lot like my Senton where I should just need to check the factory tire glue, fluid levels and run but just figured I would see if there was any common parts ahead of time.