Typhon Typhon with Limitless shocks and towers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revosmash

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Is there any benefit to running them front and rear? I'm in the process of building a swb street basher. GT body with spool center diff.

Reduced suspension travel. Stiffer all around. Overall better suited for on-road / GT style running than the original Typhon suspension.
I read a lot of posts where the left the stock shocks on the rear for speed runs. I looking for more on road handling, and speeds less then 80mph.

It's all personal preference. Some people don't run shocks for speed running, some run with the front or rear locked out. I don't believe that will bode very well for you if you are interested in running a GT style Typhon conversion. And don't forget the aesthetic aspect!

Shameless photo op in 3..
20200808_172331.jpg
20201122_101210.jpg
20201122_101225.jpg

We use the shorter towers and shocks to lower the body height. If your body doesn’t need that, don’t bother.

That body is badarse!
I have 2 more, one to paint up like the ricky bobby ME car and one to keep around for a spare when Curt cuts me a legit chassis for it. This one is a little weak. Had to take 47mm out in front of the diff.

It's all personal preference. Some people don't run shocks for speed running, some run with the front or rear locked out. I don't believe that will bode very well for you if you are interested in running a GT style Typhon conversion. And don't forget the aesthetic aspect!

Shameless photo op in 3..
View attachment 111346View attachment 111348View attachment 111349
Did you convert shock towers or were they straight off a limitless and fit straight on?

Back