Typhoon 6s custom body shell options...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonphelps

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So, I have a 6s Typhoon v5 and I am looking for unique and cool different body shell options. It looks like there aren't many options out there. If I am correct there is an Outcast shell that looks like a Shelby Cobra that is intended for an outcast but may work with the typhoon...? There may also be a shell that looks like a VW Bug.

The lack of customizable options seems pretty low. IF I drill my own holes for mounting pins and antenna are there any other shells that will work on my typhoon that I can use? Im hoping for something fun like a corvette shell that will fit over my typhoon and all I need to do is put a couple holes in it to mount.

Do I just need a shell body comparable in size?

So, I have a 6s Typhoon v5 and I am looking for unique and cool different body shell options. It looks like there aren't many options out there. If I am correct there is an Outcast shell that looks like a Shelby Cobra that is intended for an outcast but may work with the typhoon...? There may also be a shell that looks like a VW Bug.

The lack of customizable options seems pretty low. IF I drill my own holes for mounting pins and antenna are there any other shells that will work on my typhoon that I can use? Im hoping for something fun like a corvette shell that will fit over my typhoon and all I need to do is put a couple holes in it to mount.

Do I just need a shell body comparable in size?
I like this I will probably get one

https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/warrior-arrma-typhon-body

I just painted this one for a guy in Canada
It’s really not much different than the stock one though

46E9E31A-7901-4588-B563-FF85A743C02C.jpeg

50E32608-5C97-47FD-98E8-87F3082CDE16.jpeg

B89F0D97-AA5A-4096-ACA7-4B3DF132F8CB.jpeg

77B8CE64-C6A6-40A3-A9EE-7488D2DC2847.jpeg

That is a sick paint job.

Does anyone know if I can cut the https://deltaplastikusa.com/collections/1-8th-rc-bodies (mentioned above) shells to fit my typhoon 6s. The site says they are 1/8 scale ("suitable for 1/8 scale RC cars") They also measure exactly as long as my current typhoon stock shell. But they measure wider.
I'm hoping someone has some experience and can answer this.

For example, here is someone trimming one up to fit their Arrma limitless nicely.

That is a sick paint job.

Does anyone know if I can cut the https://deltaplastikusa.com/collections/1-8th-rc-bodies (mentioned above) shells to fit my typhoon 6s. The site says they are 1/8 scale ("suitable for 1/8 scale RC cars") They also measure exactly as long as my current typhoon stock shell. But they measure wider.
I'm hoping someone has some experience and can answer this.

For example, here is someone trimming one up to fit their Arrma limitless nicely.

Can't see the video . But just an FYI , the Limitless is a 1/7th scale. I have the Delta Plastics C8 Corvette body for my Limitless . Haven't trimmed it or painted it yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back