Typhoon xl very tight drive train and cap pack wires length.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubLRRLIFE!8887

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Typhon 6s
So I’m done with everything last thing is to make the body fit but my write train is tight weather the pinion is on or off .
Also is my cap pack wires too long it holds the voltage of the 6s chnl 9500 battery here’s some pics let me know thanks felllas.
I don’t want to take it out and cause damage the bulkhead and from a lim v1 could it be the bearings?
It’s a speed running build help!

CC6EA8F5-5AE6-4081-B858-0C729A60F27D.jpeg

AC390FC1-B4F4-44C1-BC02-7A7BAD630408.jpeg

C4E2801F-57C8-4E90-9251-237F0AA2D522.jpeg

51025757-5DFF-4B56-AE28-D087164B7BC0.jpeg

3CC46CA6-8444-4E61-867C-679CAE158B19.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 37
Looks a tad too long..

And, you'll want to protect the caps with heatshrink or something.
Yeah I did it and didn’t think the were that long then I’m like wtf 😬 yeah I have done that because of the fact I was not sure what I was going to end up doing .
Haven’t l**

The wires are a little long and you could certainly shorten them a good bit, but that really shouldn't be a problem. And...capacitors are supposed to hold the voltage of your pack and only very slowly lose the voltage once disconnected. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, that's perfectly normal behavior.

As for your drivetrain...you said it's tight whether the pinion is on or not. In that case pictures of your pinion/spur gear are of little use. It could be any number of things. The only thing to do is break it all back down, start from the wheel and work your way backwards towards the pinion/spur adding one component at a time, testing for smooth operation, rinse, repeat, until you add a component that causes binding. First do the front all the way to the pinion and then the rear separately in the same manner so that there's no mistaking what the cause is.

Once you've identified which component is the cause, it shouldn't be that difficult to figure out why it's binding. If you make it that and then can't work out the why...report back and then helping to figure that last bit out should be doable.

The wires are a little long and you could certainly shorten them a good bit, but that really shouldn't be a problem. And...capacitors are supposed to hold the voltage of your pack and only very slowly lose the voltage once disconnected. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, that's perfectly normal behavior.

As for your drivetrain...you said it's tight whether the pinion is on or not. In that case pictures of your pinion/spur gear are of little use. It could be any number of things. The only thing to do is break it all back down, start from the wheel and work your way backwards towards the pinion/spur adding one component at a time, testing for smooth operation, rinse, repeat, until you add a component that causes binding. First do the front all the way to the pinion and then the rear separately in the same manner so that there's no mistaking what the cause is.

Once you've identified which component is the cause, it shouldn't be that difficult to figure out why it's binding. If you make it that and then can't work out the why...report back and then helping to figure that last bit out should be doable.
That’s what I was afraid of it took me 8 months to get where it is I work on it when I can I should have used new bulkheads and new Bearings ohhhhhh tear down it is! New parts as well

That’s what I was afraid of it took me 8 months to get where it is I work on it when I can I should have used new bulkheads and new Bearings ohhhhhh tear down it is! New parts as well
Believe me, I wish there was a shortcut because there's that "one thing that always binds" but...yeah, no such luck.

Damn...eight months? That's a looong time bro. Well I hope you find it with the quickness. Maybe it will reveal itset as you're taking it apart. Godspeed and good luck o7

Believe me, I wish there was a shortcut because there's that "one thing that always binds" but...yeah, no such luck.

Damn...eight months? That's a looong time bro. Well I hope you find it with the quickness. Maybe it will reveal itset as you're taking it apart. Godspeed and good luck o7
Yeah I started from scratch updating or changing, I’ve change the connector on the esc about 4 different times and cappack I’m changing it again to a bigger one from island hobby nut. I’m looking for perfection and fast but I failed because I try to cut corners on the bulkheads ouchhhhhhhh!

I'm no expert when it comes to perfection but...to my mind, perfection and "cutting corners" are two propositions that are mutually exclusive, no? ;)

But I don't believe in the concept of perfection just as I don't subscribe to the notion of "the best". Something might be the best in a particular situation under a particular set of circumstances but the idea that something is "the best" at a wholesale level? Nope. I think it was just the end result of years of attrition, observing something I might have thought of as the best give way to something better in a matter of minutes, hours or days. Too fickle is the perception of anything being the best so as to make it a useless concept.

But that's just me....your mileage may vary. :)

It runs but it comes to a stop fast it doesn’t roll without power.
I'm no expert when it comes to perfection but...to my mind, perfection and "cutting corners" are two propositions that are mutually exclusive, no? ;)

But I don't believe in the concept of perfection just as I don't subscribe to the notion of "the best". Something might be the best in a particular situation under a particular set of circumstances but the idea that something is "the best" at a wholesale level? Nope. I think it was just the end result of years of attrition, observing something I might have thought of as the best give way to something better in a matter of minutes, hours or days. Too fickle is the perception of anything being the best so as to make it a useless concept.

But that's just me....your mileage may vary. :)
I mean yes I agree but I just want to finish it to run it before the summer end it and perfection I mean that’s looks detailed.

Yeah, that sounds...sub-optimal. I do hope you figure it out quickly. What makes you think it's the bulkheads?
Because I build anew spool 39t so no center differential that can’t be right?
So it has to be the front differential or rear differential or the bearings in the bulkheads or the bulkheads themselves what do you think?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back