Tyre Venting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraton Cooperhead tires...there should hole somewhere if in the rim they are small and tiny.

On the videos i saw them they where around 2-3 mm2 so i would see them, i inspected the rims 3 times with flashlight, no holes at all.

Kraton exb?

No holes on the inside rim not sure for the tires threads
My Copperhead 2 Kraton 6s RTR wheels came with Vents on the wheel, I taped them off and put 2 holes at the tread. Look at the center tread closely. Arrma is starting to vent at the tread with some of their tires now. The holes are small at the tread. Hard to see them. But adequate. There must be vents somewhere inside the wheel or at tread.:unsure:
Is yours an 8s CH2? Which tire ?

Last edited:
My Copperhead 2 Kraton 6s RTR wheels came with Vents on the wheel, I taped them off and put 2 holes at the tread. Look at the center tread closely. Arrma is starting to vent at the tread with some of their tires now. The holes are small at the tread. Hard to see them. But adequate. There must be vents somewhere inside the wheel or at tread.:unsure:
Is yours an 8s CH2? Which tire ?

But i don't get it, even if there are wholes on the tire itself, what should i tape and why? what's happening if i don't tape them and there are holes on the tires? what option will be better to drive in WET conditions?

What do you mean by wheel? the rim or?

Seal them inside, vent them outside.

If you don't seal them inside and get dirt / water inside they get heavily unbalanced. No way to fix that. You will have to replace them.

If there are no holes on the inside of the rim you have one less task to complete. To vent the tires you need a very high speed tool like a dremel or a sharpened tube.

DO I NEED to vent them if there are no holes on the rims? my goal is to be able to drive in dump condition's without worrying, i prefer to not vent the tires if thats better to AVOID gettting them wet from the inside?
The newer tires don't have the holes and are already vented.

So what do i need to do?

DO I NEED to vent them if there are no holes on the rims? my goal is to be able to drive in dump condition's without worrying, i prefer to not vent the tires if thats better to AVOID gettting them wet from the inside?

So what do i need to do?
With no venting they may be bouncier. It’s all good unless the glue starts to go on your tires and you get gunk in there. I would check before each run and touch up the glue as needed so you don’t get stuff in there.

With no venting they may be bouncier. It’s all good unless the glue starts to go on your tires and you get gunk in there. I would check before each run and touch up the glue as needed so you don’t get stuff in there.
So I need to check the sides of the tires to see if the glue is going off, is there a visual representation?

So I need to check the sides of the tires to see if the glue is going off, is there a visual representation?
It's both a visual and manual check. You should always push/pull on the tires to make sure the tire bead is securely glued to the rim. If you pull on the tire and the tire comes away from the rim a bit, you need to run a little superglue and glue it up tight before you run it. If you check and notice a spot where the glue has come loose, pull all 4 wheels off of the rig and check all around both side of all 4 wheels and add glue where needed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back