Kraton tyres coming away from wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baz2011uk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
so my V3 kraton is getting plenty of action but i have noticed my 2 front tyres are coming away from the wheels
i have only ran 2/3 6s packs all other times its been 4s
i have noticed even on 4s on tarmac the front tyres do balloon a little so i easy off the throttle
anyway i have re glued the tyres but think i need to change the diff oil
what are peoples recommendation on the F C R diffs to aid the fronts from not ballooning
most my bashing is tarmac gravel/dirt tracks and grass not a great deal of jumping at the moment

also whats the best tyre/wheel package for say just tarmac and gravel running no jumps

cheers

Re-gluing was the first step for the tires separating, from the wheel. I used 500K in the center and 100 in the rear with 7o or so in the front. The super thick center fluid gives the center diff a "soft lock". Meaning under most situations, the center diff is sending equal power to the front and rear diffs. So when you accelerate, and the rear end drops, the center diff is still sending equal power. opposed to dumping all the power to the front. It allows you to wheelie easily, which take some getting used to.

Tire for tarmack and easy gravel are the SRC Terrain Crushers. A little smaller so you'll notice a small loss of speed. Also have less sidewall, so less cushion on the jumps. Fine for 6-8 foot high jumps, but I would not go much higher than that with the SRC's. They are pictured in the my Avatar. Also, NO Ballooning. If you want off road tires, the Arrma Outcast tires are one of the crowd favorites.

will be ordering me some SRC Terrain Crushers as they seemed to be liked by a lot of people but is 500k a bit to heavy on the centre diff seeing as it leaves the factory on 10k
need to stick my 14t pinion in at some point as well be meaning to do it since December

500k is just what I used, but lots of people use 100k or more and like the results. Like I said 500K essentially locks the center differential. There are after market parts, that will lock the diff externally. The Nero has an option to lock the center differential. So using 500K is not going to hurt anything, but if you want to reduce the ballooning in the front tires and give yourself better off the line acceleration, the I would not go less than 80K. Many guys on here use 100k. I have even seen one guy use silly putty, and another used JBweld. Both of which lock the center diff all together.

I still haven't put the 14T pinion on. It's plenty fast for my bashing needs with the 12T

SRC Terrain Crushers ordered and will be with me on Saturday it was a 15T pinion i had not the 14T so will also change over to the 15T and see how that pans out
do you think i may have heat issues?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back