U Joint fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alibby456

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
Since the HD U-Joints are on backorder, I decided to try fabbing something up to fix my Fazon's center-rear broken joint. So far its holding up to 6s.

I used a dremel to cut a piece out of a HPI Stub axle and used that as the pin and welded it in.

IMG_9646.JPG
Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 10.31.32 AM.png
IMG_9680.JPG

Since the HD U-Joints are on backorder, I decided to try fabbing something up to fix my Fazon's center-rear broken joint. So far its holding up to 6s.

I used a dremel to cut a piece out of a HPI Stub axle and used that as the pin and welded it in.

View attachment 6330
View attachment 6332
View attachment 6331

yes...i thought of something like this...or perhaps selecting a different pin and upsizing...i am glad its working...good job...there is definitely something amiss material, sizing or otherwise with these ujoints lately...

Its almost like the old ones fell out. Maybe they were not pressed in good enough? I don't see how it could sheer those off. The tolerance is pretty good and not much play.

Great solution to get running again. You'll probably never have a problem at that U joint again...

Yeah hope not! But I did get center front/rear HD driveshafts for $50 on eBay, pulled from a Big Rock I suppose. The HD ones have about 30% more beef on them. Will keep you posted on how these go!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back