Typhon Ughhh 5 minutes and than waiting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xJumpManx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Senton 6s
Ran my typhon for 5 minutes before the Spur and pinion gears needed to be replaced, Faulty Mesh from factory. Now on week 3 of waiting for those 2 peices. Nothing like buying a RC have it break in 5 minutes thru no fault of your own and then having to wait till Sept for the parts. Not happy at all. Least I have my Fazon and Slash 4x4 to hold me over.

This seems to be a common issue especially on 6s, you need this: Robinson Racing pinion Then when you put it all back together put a small amount of Loctite on your motor mount screws and make sure you have the proper gear mesh.

Arrma needs to loctite all the motor mount screws in.. first hard drive with my Typhon it lost 2 motor mount screws from the aluminum side. I was just super lucky to not blow my gears as things shifted. Lock tite them in after you fix the spur. You can change pinion with center diff installed.

Sorry about your luck. It sucks so bad because Arrma is having major supply issues.. the whole RC industry is. Something caused disruption of mfg or distribution from China this year.

Stop waiting for junk stock replacement and buy a much better $10 hardened pinion.

I had a similar experience, and the issue was that my email did not get through. I decided to call and check, and after speaking with a helpful guy, my replacement servo arrived 3 days later. Should get some spare, better pinions anyway, IMHO...but if they send you one, it will at least be a good spare in a pinch...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back