Mojave Uh Oh! Trouble in Mojave exb paradise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheez

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Nero
  4. Senton 3s
Any other Mojave exb owners having this problem? Not enough clearance between rear hubs and rims.

2A43508D-62E5-478D-8653-CBC838D15659.jpeg

15213086-0220-40C2-87D3-14346C49F9E2.jpeg

Yes slight rubbing inside the wheel near the hub's camber link., to a much lesser degree than yours. :cool:

Yes, that is a problem if you drive in such conditions that dirt and sand start to collect inside the wheel. My solution was to move the link end to the lower hole in the hub to have little more space between hub and wheel and I also put big washers under the screw and nut. So the steel washer protects the hub from being eaten away.

It is also possible to bolt mud scrapers to the rear hubs, but wet sand can eat those away quickly. I have now DIY mud scrapers, made from thin stainless steel but it was dry last times i have driven, so didn't put them to real test.

I got this on my V1 mojave too.

I noticed the wheels are very flexible. You can squeeze the wheel and it deforms easily. I suspect besides rocks and debris that maybe they collapse on hard landings and grind away that spot.

20201216_195049.jpg

Holy poop guys.
This looks bad, Horror pictures.
What the hell is this?

Im sitting here with my brother now. He have EXB Mojave. He have been driving it 15-17 runs 7000mah packs. Both 6s and 8s Max-6 Combo.
Rims look like new still inside and hubs also both front and rear. We both check this minute ago.
He need new Tires only . New wheel set up

We bash hard. We send our rigs pretty well.

Have you bad bearings ?

My bearings are fine. The clearance issue was out of the box. I noticed it when I did inspection after unboxing. The damage is after 3 runs.

Don you think your tires would be shot before the wheels are so damaged you can't use them?

You mean like foam fiddlesticked up ?
Maybe.
Then Arrma Warranty maybe is legal use ?
Very Bad glued wheels from start ?
Have you done self vent holes ? then you are in need buy new things

You mean like foam fiddlesticked up ?
Maybe.
Then Arrma Warranty maybe is legal use ?
Very Bad glued wheels from start ?
Have you done self vent holes ? then you are in need buy new things
I'm saying the damage to the inside of the wheels is inconsequential considering you will need new tires from just normal wear and tear before the wheel damage becomes an issue.

I'm saying the damage to the inside of the wheels is inconsequential considering you will need new tires from just normal wear and tear before the wheel damage becomes an issue.

Ok.
cool

i newer use warranty. I change to XT90 connectors always anyway. :)
I believe also that EXB RIGS is very hard use waranty issues ?

This is one extreme Rig.
I have mount Max6 combo to my brother. When everything brand new.
I did check alot things before this rig left ground.
Wheel Balance and alot more.

If one wheel does wobbling, then you can make it by Warranty.

After you drive it ones. you don't have anything.

Important =
Check everything before you run it.
don't trust nobody.

Last edited:
Ok.
cool

i newer use warranty. I change to XT90 connectors always anyway. :)
I believe also that EXB RIGS is very hard use waranty issues ?

This is one extreme Rig.
I have mount Max6 combo to my brother. When everything brand new.
I did check alot things before this rig left ground.
Wheel Balance and alot more.

If one wheel does wobbling, then you can make it by Warranty.

After you drive it ones. you don't have anything.

Important =
Check everything before you run it.
don't trust nobody.
86d20084cd1393355153672d8139f045.jpg

???

I’m not sure what you mean... my biggest concern is the hubs grinding away. I’m not happy with the rim damage either ?
Jeez I missed that part ? My bad. Honestly I'd just run it if/until the huns fail and then just warranty the hubs and the wheels. Or get the HR hubs which is probably their best product.

Jeez I missed that part ? My bad. Honestly I'd just run it if/until the huns fail and then just warranty the hubs and the wheels. Or get the HR hubs which is probably their best product.
Yep, contacted HH yesterday. I’m waiting for them to get back to me. I’m considering trying M2c hex extenders. I’m also thinking Santa ?? is bringing me Vitavon hubs.
BTW... Where you been?

Yep, contacted HH yesterday. I’m waiting for them to get back to me. I’m considering trying M2c hex extenders. I’m also thinking Santa ?? is bringing me Vitavon hubs.
BTW... Where you been?
Just been busy and I was at the RC thing for almost 3 years straight. Spent probably close to $20,000 and that's not an exaggeration ? I just needed a break for a bit plus the forum can be a bit much at times. Some people don't embrace my brutal honesty and I tend to call it as I see it ? But this is a great resource that has helped me tremendously in the past. Much to some people's displeasure (and desire), I'm not going away for good ?

I have a slight rub on my stockers at the rear with stock. But I don't use those wheels anymore anyway.
I use these and have much better results bashing my Mojave. 1/8 Truggy wheels( Zero Offset) I have 15mm clearance at the hubs now.. Not a problem now at all. (y) :cool:

20201218_021243.jpg

20201218_021157.jpg

20201218_021149.jpg

Holy poop guys.
This looks bad, Horror pictures.
What the hell is this?

Im sitting here with my brother now. He have EXB Mojave. He have been driving it 15-17 runs 7000mah packs. Both 6s and 8s Max-6 Combo.
Rims look like new still inside and hubs also both front and rear. We both check this minute ago.
He need new Tires only . New wheel set up

We bash hard. We send our rigs pretty well.

Have you bad bearings ?
I have ever so slight rubbing with stockers but not any issue to write home about. And I like my Truggy wheels better for bashing. And it just cant rub anymore, which is a plus. But the stockers never tore up my hubs as you can see in the pictures. I only run mine on 6S. Maybe on 8S would be make it worse. IDK ?‍♂️
I ran with the stocker wheels about 8 packs give or take. And 4 times with the Truggy wheels.

Last edited:
I've driven multiple versions of the Mojave really hard and have had minimal rubbing. Barely noticeable. This seems extreme!

Back