Granite Ujoints and driveshafts - 4s vs 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
Howdy gang-

Has anyone compared the 4s driveshafts vs the 3s driveshafts? is the only difference the length of the slider, or is the u-joint beefier on the 4s version?

Howdy gang-

Has anyone compared the 4s driveshafts vs the 3s driveshafts? is the only difference the length of the slider, or is the u-joint beefier on the 4s version?
The hub is larger on the 4S line I believe. I’m about to try this swap out on my Typhon soon to beef up the driveshafts. I will update when I get some time to wrench.

I'm battling fragile wheel drive shafts now, super curious how this investigation turns out. Thanks

I just ordered some 4s drive shafts too. Posted the question, then decided to order anyway... lol

And now headed to a hobby shop, I may just but a pair their too... I am such a parts ho. Lol
Same! I bought the shafts thinking they would drop in. Realized they wouldn’t, so bought the rest of the parts to make it work. Just haven’t had the wrench time to put it all together.

So I made it out of the LHS without spending any money. But I don't like that shop anyway.

But I did get to compare the 4s and 3s driveshafts. They look the same, thru the package, only the length of the slider seemed the same. I'll get a better look when my ebay parts come in.

So I made it out of the LHS without spending any money. But I don't like that shop anyway.

But I did get to compare the 4s and 3s driveshafts. They look the same, thru the package, only the length of the slider seemed the same. I'll get a better look when my ebay parts come in.
That part that attaches to the outdrive is 100% the same. I had them both in my hands.

That part that attaches to the outdrive is 100% the same. I had them both in my hands.
What about the axle part sir? The part that goes into the hub looked larger diameter to me. Now I need to go compare them ??‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back