Europe UK. Wellholme park Brighouse W. Yorkshire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnok79

Reaction score
Thought id contribute for the UK lads seen as we seem thin on the ground here.
Probably the most frustrating part of the hobby so far has been lack of decent places to run cars unless you head to a skatepark..... but we all know how that story ends ?

So yeah if your looking for somewhere around West Yorkshire try here 53.709490,-1.776369
Enter the carpark over the ford at the back of wellholme park then walk directly towards some dirt steps that run up into the woods.

At the top of the steps you will see a decent dirt bmx track carved in by locals (god bless you) and for once the council is allowing it to stay! They have even put up signs to warn walkers to be aware of bmx's.

The track consists of runs of tripple and quad jumps of fairly decent size. Some having around 15ft between tops so chance of some decent links from one too another.
Theres a nice banked curve after the first run of jumps before heading into the 2nd run.
After that is a somewhat more open area with various paths running off, many of which are fairly wide allowing you to open up a car fairly well.
The whole track links back too itself in somewhat of an out of shape circle.

All in all not bad at all and certainly more fun than trying to jump off random hills and mounds while woodland bashing or park bashing. Its only around 10 minutes by car for me so pretty pleased to have it.
Also the car park is literally like one minute away so very handy for emergency tweaks or battery charging etc.
The pictures don't really do it justice but if your local ish i can recommend it as being worth the trip.

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
Type of Event
  1. Bashing

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-05-09-58-22-167_com.miui.videoplayer.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-05-09-58-22-167_com.miui.videoplayer.png
    523.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot_2019-03-05-09-58-09-347_com.miui.videoplayer.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-05-09-58-09-347_com.miui.videoplayer.png
    599.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_2019-03-05-09-59-28-835_com.miui.videoplayer.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-05-09-59-28-835_com.miui.videoplayer.png
    504.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_2019-03-05-09-58-31-852_com.miui.videoplayer.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-05-09-58-31-852_com.miui.videoplayer.png
    603.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_2019-03-05-09-59-48-150_com.miui.videoplayer.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-05-09-59-48-150_com.miui.videoplayer.png
    504.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_2019-03-05-09-59-34-813_com.miui.videoplayer.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-05-09-59-34-813_com.miui.videoplayer.png
    541.5 KB · Views: 83
Hello from Halifax UK ?
Its not bad at all. Nothing compared to some ive seen people run at, although they do exist over here they're just an hour or mores drive away.

Was there earlier with my demonbuggy (homebuilt 1/10 mutant thing) but it's cost me a new motor!! Damn hobbywing ezruns! This is the 2nd time the motor shaft has snapped on a hobbywing 3652 ezrun on me in about 12 months.
I wouldn't mind but im using a plastic spur and its converted to rwd only so its a bit poor of hobbywing if you ask me!

I like the esc however so will just purchase an ezrun 3660 with a 5mm shaft and run that instead. Luckily 32dp pinions are easy to find for a 5mm shaft

Thought id contribute for the UK lads seen as we seem thin on the ground here.
Good show old boy. :D:LOL:
There are a few of us UK members on here but definitely not many that I've seen.

Shame really as this is a fantastic forum and Arrma is a great brand. Enjoy yours. (y)

Good show old boy. :D:LOL:
There are a few of us UK members on here but definitely not many that I've seen.

Shame really as this is a fantastic forum and Arrma is a great brand. Enjoy yours. (y)
Agreed its by far the best arrma forum, probably rc forum that ive spent time on, be that as a member or just researching.

I don't think bashing is that big of a scene in the UK to be honest. Ive only got one real world friend who is into it. Anyone else i know or have happened across in the local shops seem to be racers, and bloody tarmac track racers at that! How blooming boring is that! Contending with debates about how anything more than 2s lipos is a waste and theres no skill involved in driving a basher ?
Sure pal, you have a go at controlling 6s on wet dirt then buddy and come back to me with your conclusion lmao.

Or my local shop owner telling me i would be crazy to buy arrma as he has seen loads of them for repairs whereas he barely ever does fixes on ftx models or traxxas! Fml!!

There is one club with an outdoor track thats about 30 miles away but when they say outdoor they mean AstroTurf and the "jumps" look like someone just left the carpet a little crumpled ?. Not my idea of fun

Agreed its by far the best arrma forum, probably rc forum that ive spent time on, be that as a member or just researching.

I don't think bashing is that big of a scene in the UK to be honest.

Or my local shop owner telling me i would be crazy to buy arrma as he has seen loads of them for repairs whereas he barely ever does fixes on ftx models or traxxas! Fml!!
Anyone who tells you not to buy an Arrma R/c because of reliability is talking rubbish. One of the toughest available today I'd say from what I've seen.

I don't bash myself with my Arrma as I'm doing speed runs with my Typhon, ...if you think "bashing" isn't big in the UK then try finding others that do speed runs as it is very rare.
My thread here if you're interested: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/speed-runner-typhon-6s-uk-built-fast-not-bought-fast.10482/

Hopefully catch you around the forum. :) (y)

Anyone who tells you not to buy an Arrma R/c because of reliability is talking rubbish. One of the toughest available today I'd say from what I've seen.

I don't bash myself with my Arrma as I'm doing speed runs with my Typhon, ...if you think "bashing" isn't big in the UK then try finding others that do speed runs as it is very rare.
My thread here if you're interested: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/speed-runner-typhon-6s-uk-built-fast-not-bought-fast.10482/

Hopefully catch you around the forum. :)(y)
Yeah I'll check it out, thanks. I like the idea of speed runs but have you ever driven around here? You need a 1:1 monster truck to survive these road surfaces ? I couldn't think of one single place smooth enough to get away with it lol

Yeah I'll check it out, thanks. I like the idea of speed runs but have you ever driven around here? You need a 1:1 monster truck to survive these road surfaces ? I couldn't think of one single place smooth enough to get away with it lol
Yep it is a ball ache trying to find good places to run it. ?

I'm hoping to go up to North Wales later this year for a speed event run by ROSSA which is held on an airport runway. Can't wait as apparently it is a super smooth surface and obviously very long.

Thanks for this post. I'm in the UK near Leeds so I might be going here on a weekend.
same here from leeds will try one day
Glad to be of service ?
Its ok for a laugh, some of the ramp faces are looking a bit neglected so last time i was there i had a few dodgy takeoffs and nasty landings but all part of the fun.

Try going here https://www.moredirt.com and enter your postcode.
it'll bring up lots of mountain bike and bmx trails or tracks etc. Probably cant get access to all of them but it'll certainly help you find some spots you didnt know of ?
Have fun ?

Unsure if anyone off this thread is still active but i live in leeds and just got a Senton I live 5 mins awy from Leeds Urban Bike Park which seems like a good place to rip. Plenty of jumps and also trails into the woodlands of Middleton Park. Would be nice to meet a few people as well and bash together.

Unsure if anyone off this thread is still active but i live in leeds and just got a Senton I live 5 mins awy from Leeds Urban Bike Park which seems like a good place to rip. Plenty of jumps and also trails into the woodlands of Middleton Park. Would be nice to meet a few people as well and bash together.
don't you get kicked of there though looks well looked after

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back