Ultimate basher build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
NOTORIOUS 6S V4 BUILD
M2C
*Front and rear shock towers
*Front and rear chassis braces
*chassis
*shock tower standoffs
*pillowball retainer nuts and cups

JUST BASH IT
*Front hubs
*rear hubs
*ff hinge pin mount
*rr hinge pin mount
*wing spindles
*extended height servo mount

RPM
*Front and rear arms
*Front bumper
*wing mount
*rear skid plate

RADIO
*Flysky fsgt5

OTHER STUFF
* 1mil center diff oil
*30k rear
*50k front
*Upgraded to HD shock ends with hpi racing 6.8mm balls
*Russian indestructible body
*Vented stock backflip tires
*Robinson racing xhard 14t pinion
*avid bearing kit
*smc 6s 5000mah lipos "perfect size imo"

JUST THE BEGINNING OF THE BUILD NOT ALL INSTALLED YET. STOCKPILING THE BEST OF BEST PARTS

Attachments

• 20200229_162715.jpg
    20200229_162715.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Havnt got that far yet. Open to suggestions. That was gonna be the last part I do to finish it up

NOTORIOUS 6S V4 BUILD
M2C
*Front and rear shock towers
*Front and rear chassis braces
*chassis
*shock tower standoffs
*pillowball retainer nuts and cups

JUST BASH IT
*Front hubs
*rear hubs
*ff hinge pin mount
*rr hinge pin mount
*wing spindles
*extended height servo mount

RPM
*Front and rear arms
*Front bumper
*wing mount
*rear skid plate

RADIO
*Flysky fsgt5

OTHER STUFF
* 1mil center diff oil
*30k rear
*50k front
*Upgraded to HD shock ends with hpi racing 6.8mm balls
*Russian indestructible body
*Vented stock backflip tires
*Robinson racing xhard 14t pinion
*avid bearing kit
*smc 6s 5000mah lipos "perfect size imo"

JUST THE BEGINNING OF THE BUILD NOT ALL INSTALLED YET. STOCKPILING THE BEST OF BEST PARTS
Holy!! That’s quite the upgrade. I just got the same truck and find your post helpful. Let me know how it runs before and after if ya could

Orderd some more stuff yesterday . The parts are piling up. Hoping within a month or 2 the build is built lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200521-200821_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200521-200821_Samsung Internet.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 54
Sweet!!! Hey, I’m wanting to do a servo upgrade any suggestions? Middle of the road

I havnt purchased a servo yet lol. My stock servo has been through hell and back and somehow is still alive. But when the time comes savox 1210 sg if I wanna stay waterproof and the 1270tg if not.

I havnt purchased a servo yet lol. My stock servo has been through hell and back and somehow is still alive. But when the time comes savox 1210 sg if I wanna stay waterproof and the 1270tg if not.
Are you going to run her at 7.4v? Cause I have the 1211 hooked up to my Max6, and it has more torque at 7.4 than the 1210 at 6v & almost twice the speed. Though nothing beat my 2292 Monster Performance servo in my Noto. It's now performing race duty in my truggy(well not yet?). So if I have to buy another servo it will either be the 2210 new "premium" waterproof Savox, or the futaba CB700. I have a former flagship futaba s9352hv that's pulling race duty in my buggy for years and still holds up. The futaba's are expensive, but once you crack the case you'll see where your money went. ??

I'd definitely spend on alloy diff cups before the hubs. Hubs never really have a problem with plastic. Center diff especially will blow out with the stock plastic cup and heavy oil. Open the diffs, use alloy cups and get the Mugen shim kit and shim them up nice so they will last.

The dream of a bash without bending the weak stock metal parts was my issue with 6s platform. I went to 4s and loving it!

I'd definitely spend on alloy diff cups before the hubs. Hubs never really have a problem with plastic. Center diff especially will blow out with the stock plastic cup and heavy oil. Open the diffs, use alloy cups and get the Mugen shim kit and shim them up nice so they will last.

The dream of a bash without bending the weak stock metal parts was my issue with 6s platform. I went to 4s and loving it!
Never blew up a stock center diff because of heavy oil (run 1M wt.) Yes, shimming properly will save your diffs in the long run, but more importantly is learning the limits of your RC and adapting your driving style. I attribute most blow ups, actually ring gear teeth snapping, to newbie mistakes like landing a wheelie or backflip on power. Trying to pop up curbs until your Sun gear pops?. Been there, done that on most of these?, now it's been so long since I've broken a diff that I just built a new Arrma out of all the spare diffs I have. ??

I've seen the center diff blow out a few times personally with the plastic cup because the metal piece where the output rides separates from the plastic.

The installation begins 21.8g before with bearings 31.5g after with bearings installed. Total 20g weight gain over stock on both rear knuckles

Attachments

• 20200524_172646.jpg
    20200524_172646.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 43
Already ran into issue #1 .. installing front knuckles jbi and pillow ball delrin inserts and nuts.... they don't thread in enough to work... can't exactly drive it into the aluminum. Now I gotta source v3 nuts or see if the hot racing ones will work.

Lastly for now working on the m2c bladderless shock setup. Then back to the internet for more parts.

Attachments

• 20200525_183647.jpg
    20200525_183647.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 46
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back