Ultrasonic cleaners.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own a small, cheap one. It was fun at first, but it never made anything perfectly clean or degreased. I always ended up giving everything a blast with brake cleaner at the end, so I put it away and haven't used it in months. Now I soak things I don't need right away in a commercial solvent. Everything else, I blast with electrical parts cleaner after removing the heavier stuff.

So got it and used it.
first job water at 80c 80 minutes. Cleaned a Polaris diff up like new.
Second job cleaned up a few dog bones and drive cups.
it turns oil and grease into a haze in the water. Very happy. It will make cleanup so easy.
fill with water and just a tablespoon of dish soap. 4th pic you can see the grease from the dog bone coming off
038D82A6-CC98-4153-AFF2-B21CA791A7BE.jpeg
535FF298-59B9-4DBF-8E6E-C4FEB7E729F0.jpeg
3F738854-438F-4944-96DE-DF14727DE186.jpeg
3C1C91AF-04F8-4423-9253-97487851C783.jpeg

i have a varsol tank too but this is so easy. Throw the parts in and walk away. 15-20 min and they look spotless.
did a load of control arms uprights diff cases and gears.
im impressed.

i have a varsol tank too but this is so easy. Throw the parts in and walk away. 15-20 min and they look spotless.
did a load of control arms uprights diff cases and gears.
im impressed.
Nice find. That's definitely a huge step up from the little one I bought. Probably why it does such a good job. Might bring mine out again to give it another go.

I've got a parts cleaner in the kitchen. It came with the house. My wife calls it a dishwasher for some reason. Shes a little crazy though ?. ?

but all serious, I used to use ultrasonic cleaners for fuel injectors and they did good job. Is it worth buying the ultrasonic solutions or are they just water and soap like you use.

After closer inspection the "name brand" of the ultrasonic cleaner @Clubin purchased is different than the ones I've been looking at, though the appearance is pretty much exactly the same.

I'm looking this 15L ultrasonic cleaner. It's a bit more expensive, but it's much wider allowing me to easily clean bigger parts and more importantly it has 6 transducers compared to my single transducer in my current ultrasonic cleaner.

Cleaned a set of rear bearings from my notorious. Pulled the rubber shields off and hit em for 10 min. Omg. This thing is Awsome guys!! Came out spotless and not crunchy at all. Repacked and good for awhile again.
I just find it amazing how it can turn grease and dirt into a fog in the water.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back