Big Rock Release the Kraken!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Vorteks
Updated 6/22/21
Big Rock to Kraton transformation is now complete! You can find new and updated photos of the truck in the comments. Parts list updated accordingly!

Hello friends! This is my second basher, but first time building a truck. I've owned the Big Rock for about 3 weeks now and as the build came together, it bashes harder and harder.

It will hold a mean wheelie without back flipping, handles corners at considerable speed, aerodynamics have significantly improved and will still launch into the air with ease.

*Build Parts*
- ProLine Badlands MX28 17mm Wheels
- Hot Racing 17mm hubs +10 offset
- RPM A-Arms(shocks mounted on outer slot)
- Arrma CVD Slider Drive shafts(rear)
- Annimos 25kg Servo
- Hot Racing Servo Saver
- Outcast 4S Truck Roll Hoop
- T-Bone Racing XV6 Front Bumper
- Kraton 6S EXB Front Shocks(on rear)
- Mojave 6S Front Shockd(on front)
- Team Associated Yellow Springs
- Axial Bushings for upper shock screw fitment
- Typhon 3S Wing/Mount
- Arrma branded chassis brace
‐ Custom shock covers front and rear
- Kraton 4s Body(painted by me)
- Kraton 4s body mount and posts

If you have any questions regarding my build such as finding parts, installation, etc, please feel free to reach out in the thread and I'll help any way I can!

20210607_162234.jpg

20210607_162259.jpg

20210607_110606.jpg

20210607_110556.jpg

20210607_110536.jpg

20210607_110512.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. Were you having issues with the stock driveshafts on the rear and went to cvd? I picked up my brcc a few day ago and managed to egg out the holes on the yoke on the diff side on the rear and slung out the u joint and half shaft down the road. I loosened up my slipper a touch and stuck a new stock one on. I have cvds on order if it continues to be an issue or I decide to throw 4s at it down the road.

Looks good. Were you having issues with the stock driveshafts on the rear and went to cvd? I picked up my brcc a few day ago and managed to egg out the holes on the yoke on the diff side on the rear and slung out the u joint and half shaft down the road. I loosened up my slipper a touch and stuck a new stock one on. I have cvds on order if it continues to be an issue or I decide to throw 4s at it down the road.
Yes. I smacked a curb pretty hard on the front left and did a serious cartwheel after. I'm not sure if that weakened my drive shaft or not, but it popped the second pack I threw in. Then two more times after that within seconds of driving which is why I upgraded to the CVD. 4 full packs and still running strong. No issues.

I was expecting a zombie meatgrinder at the front though :ROFLMAO:
I'm working in that. Trying to think of something for the front bumper. But it may change. I have a Kraton body on stand by for my conversion.

The time has finally come to unveil the final form of my build. What started as the Umbrella Corp Zombie Slayer, has now moved on to the "Kraken". I originally intended on buying a 4S Kraton but couldn't find them anywhere. After getting the Big Rock I decided to try and convert it over, and with the exception of the Kraton arms, turn buckles and wing, I did just that! I'm going with a God of War theme on this truck, but my decals still have not shipped from ebay(slackers!). Couldn't wait anymore, so here it is. There are some more upgrades to come, but for now, I'm focusing on my Vorteks and just enjoying my time bashing. Tamiya paint was used to do the body. Red for the accents, black for the trim and main color is gun metal. All backed by black. I did a horrible job painting but you can't see a lot of the goof ups. Enjoy!

20210622_191900.jpg

20210622_191910.jpg

20210622_191917.jpg

20210622_191925.jpg

20210622_191937.jpg

20210622_192049.jpg

20210622_192114.jpg

20210622_192125.jpg

20210622_192133.jpg

The time has finally come to unveil the final form of my build. What started as the Umbrella Corp Zombie Slayer, has now moved on to the "Kraken". I originally intended on buying a 4S Kraton but couldn't find them anywhere. After getting the Big Rock I decided to try and convert it over, and with the exception of the Kraton arms, turn buckles and wing, I did just that! I'm going with a God of War theme on this truck, but my decals still have not shipped from ebay(slackers!). Couldn't wait anymore, so here it is. There are some more upgrades to come, but for now, I'm focusing on my Vorteks and just enjoying my time bashing. Tamiya paint was used to do the body. Red for the accents, black for the trim and main color is gun metal. All backed by black. I did a horrible job painting but you can't see a lot of the goof ups. Enjoy!

View attachment 153678

View attachment 153679

View attachment 153680

View attachment 153681

View attachment 153682

View attachment 153683

View attachment 153684

View attachment 153685

View attachment 153686
Low, mean and sinister look!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back