Kraton Unbalanced wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark_k6s

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys i have a problem
I only noticed when i was running my arrma kraton 6s v4 on its stand that it was shaking really bad under acceleration what could this be? Also my tyres are not vented yet

Many thanks mark

MT wheels/tires are normally out of balance and cause that vibration. Many don't care and say it doesn't matter much when the rig is on the ground bashing. Possibly true.
Once the wheels have been run in after a pack or so, the inner foams will center out a bit better. Balance may get better.
I balance my wheels with a balancer and use modeling clay as weight. I drive on them first. Balancing will remove most if not all of the vibration.
Again these are bashers and many don't do this. You can try if you like. I use a Factory Team Associated Balancer. And some hobby clay from Michaels.( a craft store) I find there's a difference when balancing them. There are videos how to balance RC wheels. Google it.
The wheels are already vented inside the wheel with 2 holes. Many vent them on the center of the tire tread (2 opposing holes on the outer tread) and close off the inner vents on the wheels with Gorilla tape or similar. The idea is that dirt and water will exit the outer tire more easily than from the inner wheel vents when tires are spinning. The foam inserts wont get as fouled out or wet. Also many notice that Ballooning is more uniform when venting on the outer tread.
Those that run in the wet and snow, may seal off the inner vents and not vent the outside either. To keep water out. Water ruins the foam, water logged it can rot and falls apart and then the tires blow out/ rip easier, being unbalanced.
Just some ideas.
:cool:

MT wheels/tires are normally out of balance and cause that vibration. Many don't care and say it doesn't matter much when the rig is on the ground bashing. Possibly true.
Once the wheels have been run in after a pack or so, the inner foams will center out a bit better. Balance may get better.
I balance my wheels with a balancer and use modeling clay as weight. I drive on them first. Balancing will remove most if not all of the vibration.
Again these are bashers and many don't do this. You can try if you like. I use a Factory Team Associated Balancer. And some hobby clay from Michaels.( a craft store) I find there's a difference when balancing them. There are videos how to balance RC wheels. Google it.
The wheels are already vented inside the wheel with 2 holes. Many vent them on the center of the tire tread (2 opposing holes on the outer tread) and close off the inner vents on the wheels with Gorilla tape or similar. The idea is that dirt and water will exit the outer tire more easily than from the inner wheel vents when tires are spinning. The foam inserts wont get as fouled out or wet. Also many notice that Ballooning is more uniform when venting on the outer tread.
Those that run in the wet and snow, may seal off the inner vents and not vent the outside either. To keep water out. Water ruins the foam, water logged it can rot and falls apart and then the tires blow out/ rip easier, being unbalanced.
Just some ideas.
:cool:
Hey this has been very helpful i will take another look later, also thanks for taking the time too write such a detailed reply 😊 im newish to bashing lol not that i bash hard i still haven't jumped more than 3ft haha ive had it since November last year and haven't broke anything lol
Could be a bent shaft causing the wobble
I shall inspect it later thank you for your reply 😊
Inspect your wheel bearings and hub also.
Im getting it out later so i shall have a look how will i know if there is an issue?

Thanks

Hi,

my Dboots were shaking a lot also so i balanced them and now they are running much more smoothly.
It takes about 20-30min to do so its definitely worth while.
just rise your rig so the wheels are in the air and remove the driveshaft from one rear axle, then the hub is turning freely and you can use this to blanace all 4 wheels.
Just put a wheel on the hub and place wheelnut just fingertight, then the heaviest point of the wheel will turn down to 6 o clock. mark this point.
Then add some stickyputty or anything else (about 2-5gram per wheel) on the 12 o clock position and spin the wheels until it smoothy runs out without falling back to the marked position. Done... next wheel...

Hey this has been very helpful i will take another look later, also thanks for taking the time too write such a detailed reply 😊 im newish to bashing lol not that i bash hard i still haven't jumped more than 3ft haha ive had it since November last year and haven't broke anything lol

I shall inspect it later thank you for your reply 😊

Im getting it out later so i shall have a look how will i know if there is an issue?

Thanks
Check to see if there’s a lot of movement when you wobble each wheel side to side. Follow the dog bone from the diff to the hub. If the bearings shot you may see bits of it floating around. If not it doesn’t take long to pull it apart to give it a full inspection.
If it’s the front wheels that are wobbling and it’s not the wheel bearings there will be 2 anodised hex head screws behind the wheel. If they’re loose that’ll cause a wobbly wheel. Be sure not to tighten them up to tight if that’s the case. It will stuff up your turning if you do.

Hi guys i vented the wheels and lots of water came out just thought i would give you guys an update :) they now seem fine!
Thank you all for your speedy helpful responses! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back