Unbreakable body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gt rubicon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey all, just received my unbreakable notorious body from Russia, was wondering what those of you that have one used to cut it out, tips or tricks would be appreciated. I’m thinking about using a Dremel tool with the cut off wheel then sanding? Thanks in advance for your ideas or advice.

Did you get it from rcmaniacs? I got mine in today and was a little shocked it was actually pre-cut, they did a pretty decent job. I bought mine February 2nd. Seems pretty tough, well see how it goes!

Attachments

• 20190225_195427.jpg
    20190225_195427.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 107
  • 20190225_195431.jpg
    20190225_195431.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 20190225_203630.jpg
    20190225_203630.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 117
Originally I had bought this thinking I would need to cut it out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190225-203900_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190225-203900_eBay.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 61
I have that Duratrax kit with the reamer and curved shears. I have not cut mine yet but I'm ready. I'm glad you've asked for tips and I hope you'll share your process. I pretty nervous about cutting mine and don't want to make mistakes. I got the Outcast body in black.
What have you decided to do to customize the appearance? I've looked at decals and wish for a template I can use for cutting vinyl. I don't plan to paint on the outside...or use paint at all.

I tried the Dremel tool also, a ton of fine black dust. I ended up using these and then sanded with the dremel around the edges. Not perfect but should work. I have the VW bug version.

Attachments

• 42A982F9-97D8-4816-BBA2-32BA9A6811C4.jpeg
    42A982F9-97D8-4816-BBA2-32BA9A6811C4.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 45
I tried the Dremel tool also, a ton of fine black dust. I ended up using these and then sanded with the dremel around the edges. Not perfect but should work. I have the VW bug version.
I like those shears.
Theres a $10 set from Harbor Freight that we use often and I'll cut mine with. Cuts straight and smooth through even poultry and game bird bone. I use the coupons too so more like $8
https://www.harborfreight.com/8-1-4-quarter-inch-multipurpose-stainless-steel-scissors-97049.html

Well I don’t have lexan scissors, I’ve got the day off tomorrow so I think I’ll dremel it! The body came with some really crappy decals, literally a copy of the arrma decal sheet. By the looks of the decals I think his printer was low on ink. I don’t want to overthink this body cuz I know what I’m gonna subject it to, but I want it to look good before I do with it what I do! And that would be send it!

They honestly look like pruning shears lol but i bet they cut through the bodies like butter
They probably are pruners. lol
We use em at work to process dead birds. They'll go through as much as any turkey bone but we use em to cut smaller pheasant and quail and younger duck.

They probably are pruners. lol
We use em at work to process dead birds. They'll go through as much as any turkey bone but we use em to cut smaller pheasant and quail and younger duck.
Your avatar is making all too much sense now lol?
It sucks cause i was just at harbor f the other day i shoulda picked some up on top of the suction cup vise

Well I don’t have lexan scissors, I’ve got the day off tomorrow so I think I’ll dremel it! The body came with some really crappy decals, literally a copy of the arrma decal sheet. By the looks of the decals I think his printer was low on ink. I don’t want to overthink this body cuz I know what I’m gonna subject it to, but I want it to look good before I do with it what I do! And that would be send it!
I was bummed I didn't get any decals but now that you say yours were bad, I'm less irritated. lol

I want to find or create templates for these russian bodies so that we can print and cut vinyl to spec. There's a market for it. Person buys an unbreakable body, and next looks to how they can customize with graphics. The graphics aren't here yet to spec.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back